Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zero Axis Manually

Posted by rwskinner 
Zero Axis Manually
February 23, 2012 11:00PM
Can I manually set the home positions with Repetier? In other words, jog each axis to where I want them to be considered home and then Zero each axis without the machine trying to go to home? (No home switches).
Re: Zero Axis Manually
February 23, 2012 11:04PM
Once your home just type in G92 X0 Y0 Z0 and press send. (or G92 X100 Y100 Z0 etc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 11:06PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 23, 2012 11:32PM
That is what I initally tried but my coordinates in Repetier Host do not change to Zero unless I actually press the home Key.

Richard
February 24, 2012 02:55AM
With the newest host version you can. Jog to your zero position and send the following;

G92 X0 Y0 Z0
@isathome

The last command is for the host to tell you are at zero position, so visual coordinates/drawing matches data printed.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 24, 2012 08:22AM
Thanks

Not using @isathome, if I have all my axis showing 100, and I issue a G92 X0 Y0 Z0 then the Y Axis will show zero in read, but X and Z still show 100. So for some reason Y is being changed on Host but not X and Z.

Then entering @isathome X and Z go to zero (in black) and Y is zero in Red.

I don't know if that will affect anything it's just odd behavior.

Richard
February 24, 2012 08:24AM
The color is not that important in this case. With the next y move it will get black. Colors are only updated, if the value changes. So if it was 0 before but red, it is just not repainted in black, because it didn't change.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
February 24, 2012 09:01AM
Okay, I understand the color isn't that important. The Oddity that G92 X0 Y0 Z0 will reset the Y axis to Zero by itself but the other 2 have to be zero'ed with @isathome. Just curious why the Y seems to update to zero and not the others.

Richard
February 24, 2012 09:04AM
Uups, will check that G92 behaviour when at home. Perhaps I just forgot to set the other two??? Anyway, with @isathome it should work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login