repetier host wont start xubuntu
February 25, 2012 02:29PM
I followed the instructions in the wiki but when i run repetierHost in terminal, i get this error and nothing happens.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode ---> System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Please, refer to [www.opentk.com] for more information.
at OpenTK.Platform.Factory+UnsupportedPlatform.CreateGraphicsMode () [0x00000] in :0
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode..cctor () [0x00000] in :0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OpenTK.GLControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenTK.GLControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in :0
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.view.STLComposer..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode ---> System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Please, refer to [www.opentk.com] for more information.
at OpenTK.Platform.Factory+UnsupportedPlatform.CreateGraphicsMode () [0x00000] in :0
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode..cctor () [0x00000] in :0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OpenTK.GLControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenTK.GLControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in :0
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.view.STLComposer..ctor () [0x00000] in :0

Im guessing i forgot to do something but im far from a linux expert. any help is greatly appreciated
Re: repetier host wont start xubuntu
February 25, 2012 04:49PM
From the error message I guess you have no 3d OpenGL driver installed. OpenTK is the .NET OpenGL interface used by the host.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login