Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wish list items

Posted by rwskinner 
Wish list items
March 06, 2012 03:21PM
Two questions please;

Which file are the thermister tables in. I want to verify my 100K hermistor values are the same as the ones your using.

Is there a place we can enter a Z offset in the host software that would allow us to compensate if we are using glass or not or even fine tune where Zero is in releation to the home switch.

Example: Print bed with no glass plate, home is at the surface, now we add a glass plate we should be able to enter the thickness of the glass in the Z offset.

I know in Slic3r there is but that isn't a real good place for it and it only allows positive offsets.

Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 03:22PM by rwskinner.
Re: Wish list items
March 06, 2012 04:01PM
The buildin thermistor tables are in Extruder.cpp.

The problem with your glass plate is the z endstop. You can not go below that endstop, hence it has to be the lowest point, which is without glass plate.

A possible solution could be this. You have a extruder position next to the glass plate, so you can down to the endstop without hiting the plate. Then you execute the following commands:
G28 Z0
G1 Z3 ; height of plaate
G92 Z0
@isathome

now your extruder is at plate height and the host and firmware assume this as level 0. You have to watch, that you don't call G28 after that. It would crash the extruder into the glass plate.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login