Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

File location error using Skeinforge to slice

Posted by Flackster 
File location error using Skeinforge to slice
March 20, 2012 03:01AM
Hi,

I'm having an error when I use Repetier host (v0.40 and previous) to slice using Skeinforge (v0.47). It's rather long & I've attached a screenshot. It starts: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException......."

I'm not sure it's a Repetier error, or a Skeinforge error or a mistake in my OPC setup (permissions?) or what

I can get round the problem by loading the sliced file from teh Repetier Logs directory - so, the slice does complete & it's OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

(Sells Mendel, Gen6 board, Marlin firmware)
Re: File location error using Skeinforge to slice
March 20, 2012 03:44AM
That is no real error. You told the host that skeinforge adds _26th to the filename. If it doesn't the host won't find the resulting file from skeinforge and you get the mentioned error. I really have to catch that error in the next version and explain the problem. The default skeinforge postfix is nothing or _export, but you can set it in the export tab of skeinforge I think.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 20, 2012 08:03AM
Of course - all makes sense now. I'll remove the postfix and keep an eye on the file date instead

BTW - I assume information that would reside in the skeinforge generated ".txt" file is lost (e.g. distance extruded, volume extruded, etc).
Is that right? (I sometimes need it)

Thanks

Pete
March 20, 2012 04:31PM
It looks like the extension is hard coded in the skeinforge export.py file.
You could change it there to what ever you like.

C:\49_reprap_python_beanshell\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\export.py
def writeOutput(fileName, shouldAnalyze=True):
'Export a gcode linear move file.'
if fileName == '':
return None
repository = ExportRepository()
settings.getReadRepository(repository)
startTime = time.time()
print('File ' + archive.getSummarizedFileName(fileName) + ' is being chain exported.')
fileNameSuffix = fileName[: fileName.rfind('.')]
if repository.addExportSuffix.value:
fileNameSuffix += '_export'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login