Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printer dlp

Posted by uppic 
printer dlp
March 30, 2012 08:14PM
this will have on future export bmp, jpg in solid dlp 3d Printer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 08:27PM by uppic.
Re: printer dlp
March 31, 2012 04:31AM
I don't understand a word. What are you trying to say????

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 31, 2012 05:02AM
I think it is a request to output images of slices for sending to a DLP projector for curing photo polymers.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 31, 2012 06:12AM
I just checked how that should work and I understand the principle. Quite interresting, but using a slicer for the output and visualize the result is not a good way.
It is wasted computing time to get worse results as possible.

All needed is the capability to slice a stl model for any z height and if needed adding some support structures. This would give better shaped results and is much faster then slicing stl to gcode. This way you could slice easily 1000 Layers per minute. That combined with a software controlling the hardware/visualization is all needed. Much easier then all the FDM stuff. Because the workflow is completely different, I wouldn't add it to my host. A new software specialized for curing photo polymers would be much better.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
VDX
March 31, 2012 04:51PM
AFAIK this sort of "slicer-to bitmap" was used with the first host - when i remember correct, there was a routine, that exported slices as SVG's in a file, that were then calculated to paths for the FDM-head.per slice ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login