Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Minor issues, Heater power monitor, grid size

Posted by nb99 
Minor issues, Heater power monitor, grid size
May 11, 2012 07:07AM
The repetier system is getting very comprehensive thumbs up

Couple of minor queries:
With host V0.50, the small heater power graph at the bottom does not appear to be working.
With "Show Heater Power" enabled, there is just a blue line at the bottom which stays at 0, while I have a meter showing the sanguinolulu is switching the extruder heater power.

In the "Object Placement" view, is it possible to make the displayed grid match the Printer Settings / Printer Shape.
It seems to assume a generic 20x20 bed, but if one's printable area is less (160x180 in my case), the squares no longer represent 1cm
e.g. a 14x16 object covers 17x19 squares in the view.
Makes it tricky when arranging objects to know if you are going beyond the printable limits.
Re: Minor issues, Heater power monitor, grid size
May 11, 2012 01:11PM
Thanks for the feedback. Yes the heater power is not displayed as it should. No idea why I didn't notice before. Will fix that in next release.

The grid lines were never meant to be 1cm intervals, but I see the advantage of that. It was pure incidence that it was 1cm for default values. I will update that to 1cm intervals starting from origin.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 12, 2012 12:41PM
I have updated the grid to 1cm grid for the next update.

The heater power seems to works. It needs a firmware sending the power along with the temperature after a M105 command. This works with Marlin and newer versions of Repetier-Firmware. Not sure other firmwares send this value as @tongue sticking out smileyower in response on M105. I guess your firmware doesn't? Check log in workdir for more informations on this.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
May 12, 2012 06:59PM

The heater power seems to works. It needs a firmware sending the power along with the temperature after a M105 c

I am using Repetier firmware.
Yesterday - I updated the host to 0.50. The prior host was one with the separate temperature screen - and it was showing heater power on/off perfectly.
I did not touch anything on the firmware, but now no heater power display.
May 13, 2012 03:02AM
The new host 0.50 supports two methods for showing heater power of the extruder.

By default it shows the power send in return to a M105 command where it searches for a @: in the returned value and shows this. This is supported since Repetier-Firmware 0.60

The second method is what you used in older host versions. Go to Tempertaure->Continuus monitoring->Extruder 1 to get the continuous monitoring. This works with older Repetier-Firmware version since I don't know.

I tested both and both worked. I don't know what is different with your setup. Older firmware or different temperature setting? If your firmware is>=0.6 what is your setting in the temperature menu?

May 13, 2012 06:03AM

Go to Tempertaure->Continuus monitoring->Extruder 1

OK - that seems to be the magic instruction (doesn't seem to have made it into the help....)

That's fixed it.
thanks
nb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login