Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Host: Add Start/End G-Code on Save?

Posted by bjoerngiesler 
Repetier-Host: Add Start/End G-Code on Save?
May 12, 2012 03:53AM
Hi,

I've recently switched to the excellent Repetier-Host for job preparation and control. I love it! Especially the STL composer is an awesome tool.

One question though: I often print jobs from SD card, so I use Repetier-Host to compose the STL, generate G-Code, then save the generated code to SD card and print from there. Problem with this: When Repetier-Host saves the G-Code, it doesn't prepend / append the start/end G-Codes, and since it's no longer connected when the print runs, it can't do its own job finish things (shut down extruders, move to home position, etc.) So right now I have to edit the generated G-Code by hand before saving. I think it would be very useful if the save button saved start / main / end G-Codes altogether. Or am I missing something?

Thanks a lot,
Björn
Re: Repetier-Host: Add Start/End G-Code on Save?
May 12, 2012 08:31AM
Are you using the windows or mac host version?

Normally when you call upload there are checkboxes to add the prepend/append code and finish commands. Have you checked these option on upload?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 13, 2012 11:52AM
God, I am dumb. I never used the upload button before, always saved directly to SD card on the computer then put the SD card into the printer. Thanks a lot for this advice!

Still, I'm in the process of uploading a file, and the uploading process (70k lines) takes 15 minutes... this isn't really practical either. So I'd still be happy if the save button behaved similar to the upload button with regards to the start/end gcode.
May 13, 2012 01:47PM
You are right. A special save version including the options offered in sd card menu makes sense. I will see how I can solve this in an easy way. I mean the save button in the editor is just for that file, so I need a Save Job button somewhere.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
May 14, 2012 08:45AM
Very cool, thank you very much!

BTW, would uploading files to SD card be much faster using your binary protocol? That would be a compelling reason to switch to Repetier firmware... I'm using Marlin right now.
May 14, 2012 08:58AM
There are two advantages with the binary protocol - half size during send and half size on sd card. So it can be faster during upload if your usb serial driver latency is low enough. default is 16ms which means 62 command bursts per second. Reduce this and your uploads and communication will be even faster. You can change this in system settings of the driver in the advanced tab. And use 250000 baud for fastest communication, but I think you already have this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login