Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gcode generation error

Posted by malsais 
Gcode generation error
May 14, 2012 09:20AM
Hi,
I usually use printrun as my host and recently was trying to use repetier host, I found the GUI was quite good and thinking to give it a try.
load my stl and try to generate gcode with it and it shows error (screenshot attached)
anyone know whats my mistake? tried it with different stl and found no luck;
thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - Capture1.JPG (150.1 KB)
Re: Gcode generation error
May 14, 2012 12:40PM
The problem depends on the slicer you are using. In any case the host send the stl to the slicer and after slicer was finished, it didn't find the sliced g-code file.

When there was some problem during slicing you should have seen an error in the log telling you.

If you use skeinforge, you have to configure the host to find the generated gcode. Depending on the settings in the export module skeinforge changes the name into something different. Check you c: directory for files starting with composition and check how the generated gcode file is named. Then go to Config->Skeinforge settings and change the postfix, so it matches.

Another thing could be a wrong set workdir. Did you set it c:\ like the error message said?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login