Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

compile problems repetier-firmware and RAMPS1.4+CHIPKIT(clone) hardware

Posted by ryan_prof 
compile problems repetier-firmware and RAMPS1.4+CHIPKIT(clone) hardware
February 10, 2012 08:46AM
Hi this is a post from a newbie(Quentin T.) whom posted the following in a different topic, I thought I'd put it in the right section:

Thank you for showing me repetier! It looks very promising. I have downloaded it and tried compiling it, but it still gives a few errors, though far less than sprinter did. If someone could please point me to a place where I can get some help with this that would be great, thanks.

these are the errors in case anyone knows whats going on

In file included from /Configuration.h:32:0,
from Commands.cpp:22:
c:\documents and settings\quentin\desktop\mpide-0023-windows-20111221\mpide-0023-windows-20111221\hardware\pic32\compiler\pic32-tools\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/avr/io.h:4:2: error: #error ******** This sketch or library uses AVR-specific code that may not work with the chipKIT platform. See this forum for more information on porting code to chipKIT [www.chipkit.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7] ********
In file included from /gcode.h:19:0,
from /Reptier.h:28,
from Commands.cpp:23:
c:\documents and settings\quentin\desktop\mpide-0023-windows-20111221\mpide-0023-windows-20111221\hardware\pic32\compiler\pic32-tools\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/avr/pgmspace.h:4:2: error: #error ******** This sketch or library uses AVR-specific code that may not work with the chipKIT platform. See this forum for more information on porting code to chipKIT [www.chipkit.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7] ********
In file included from /Reptier.h:29:0,
from Commands.cpp:23:
/fastio.h:2554:2: error: #error pins for this chip not defined in arduino.h! If you write an appropriate pin definition and have this firmware work on your chip, please submit a pull request
In file included from Commands.cpp:24:0:
/Eeprom.h:22:24: fatal error: avr/eeprom.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

original message is found at : orignal message
I have a different setup (gen6) board so I could not help him perhaps someone else here is using repetier with the same hardware?!?!
Re: compile problems repetier-firmware and RAMPS1.4+CHIPKIT(clone) hardware
February 10, 2012 10:15AM
That's a Microchip PIC based board ... the Repetier firmware is written for Atmel chips, it won't work without proper porting, even though the Chipkit guys did a lot of work to allow their board to run Arduino code.
February 10, 2012 05:15PM
Is there a way I can modify the code to make it run on my board? Because I had this board laying around and I'm not really looking forward to shelling out $60 for a new arduino board if I can help it. But if there are no alternatives then I guess I'll have to suck it up
February 10, 2012 07:22PM
Quentin,

How about a swap. My Mega 2560 for your chipkit. I have a RAMPS + Mega that I did not use because I designed a new board. I always wanted to check out the chip kit.

Let me know

Roy
February 19, 2012 05:24PM
Hello Roy,
My dad wants to keep the max32 to use for other projects, but thank you for the great offer. I finally broke down today and bought an Arduino at RadioShack. I have compiled everything and it seems to work properly. I am learning how to connect everything at the moment, and things seem to be running smoothly so far.

Thanks for the help!

Quentin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login