Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier V 0.80 Z axis height seems wrong

Posted by gazob 
Repetier V 0.80 Z axis height seems wrong
November 16, 2012 06:09PM
My printer as described in repetier and firmware has a Z height of 152, Homing is to max on my printer and when homed the host displays a Z height of 514, previous versions have shown the correct height, the actual printer shows the correct Z height as well, and the 3d display is correct for the build area, so the only real issue is the display, is this just something left over from a previous configuration confusing Repetier Host or is it a known issue?

Ordbot Hadron, Ramps 1.4 running Marlin Firmware.

Garry
Re: Repetier V 0.80 Z axis height seems wrong
November 17, 2012 04:01AM
Please download the latest windows version here: [www.repetier.com]

it already includes the fix to this error.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 17, 2012 04:45AM
certainly does, thanks for that.

love the software, more people should use it. Dont have a lot of experience with anything else, but from what i see this is the best offering out there.

Saw that lcd's are now supported, am I better off going with your firmware as well, any advantage over Marlin

Garry
November 17, 2012 04:59AM
The new developer version of the new Repetier-Firmware will be a a real improvement, but already the old stable version is very similar to Marlin if it comes to print quality. So the quality is no argument for or against one of both firmwares. It more depends on the features you want. Both support lcd displays. Repetier sopports more types i think and you can easily change the menu structure. You can also have any number of keys with the functions you want, not only a click encoder. Even a key matrix is supported. The binary protocol of Repetier is an advantage with many small moves and if you have more communication errors. So it is more up to your preferences what you like to use.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login