Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no retraction on travel moves - repetier 0.80

Posted by 111oct111 
no retraction on travel moves - repetier 0.80
November 16, 2012 10:06PM
Hi there,
I'm having trouble when printing plates. There is no retraction whatsoever when there is a travel move from one piece to another
on the plate. Retraction is well calibrated and woking wonderfully, but it is only working on single pieces.
Ex. - it retracts during all print/travel moves inside one continuous object, perimeters and infills, but as soon as the nozzle
is moved to the next object in a plate, no retraction happens, leaving a string connecting the two pieces, and a very solid one,
almost like a bridge.
The reason I ask here is because I'm using OPS in fast mode (2), and I've changed the value for "move afte x%" from 10 to 50%... no luck...
Retraction is disabled in slic3r.
Any help much appreciated.
Re: no retraction on travel moves - repetier 0.80
November 17, 2012 04:10AM
That is interesting, because the OPS doesn't know anything about different objects. It can not distinguish between inner object moves and object switches. So it must have a connection to the distance traveled perhaps or object switches have a different code in slic3r e.g. a Z-lift that confuses the OPS. OPS is a feature I haven't tested with the developer version yet. I'm still busy with other functions. Hope to get it checked soon so I can solve this problem. I think it is a small problem with the new path planner having changed the logik a bit. Will have it in mind when it comes to testing the OPS.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: no retraction on travel moves - repetier 0.80
November 17, 2012 12:00PM
Thank you Repetier, your effort and commitment with the community is yet to be matched.
thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login