Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cura + Repetier fw

Posted by 3ntrlab 
Cura + Repetier fw
June 20, 2013 05:37AM
From time to time I've stepped into models that won't slice in Slic3r, therefore I've to revert to Cura then reading the gcode back into Repetier Host.

Out of curiosity, i've tried the Cura machine interface, and seems that it won't connect to my printer. When it tries, my printer resets and nothing else happens.- Tried slowing down the baudrate, no cigar.

I recall that somewhere inside the source code there is something that makes the firmware not compatible (binary-only?) with anything else than Repetier Host.

I am not switching to Cura, but for some people Repetier host is too intimidating, while Cura seems more easy.

Therefore ... if anybody could shed some light on this..

Thank you all,
Davide Ardizzoia

==============================
no toys here...sorry
Re: Cura + Repetier fw
June 20, 2013 08:50AM
Not sure what disturbes Cura, but these are the parameter influencing the behaviour to make it compatible like no line numbers in ok.

/** Appends the linenumber after ever ok send, to acknowledge the received command. Uncomment for plain ok ACK if your host has problems with this */
#define ACK_WITH_LINENUMBER
/** Communication errors can swollow part of the ok, which tells the host software to send
the next command. Not receiving it will cause your printer to stop. Sending this string every
second, if our queue is empty should prevent this. Uncomment if you don't wan't this feature. */
#define WAITING_IDENTIFIER "wait"

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 08, 2013 03:08AM
Shouldn't read "Comment if you don't want this feature ?".

Bye
Davide

no toys here...sorry
July 08, 2013 03:56AM
Yes

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
July 21, 2013 01:19PM
Still trying to connect, but can't get any better than this:
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Connecting to: COM3
Connected to: Serial(port='COM3', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=2, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Changing monitoring state from 'Opening serial port' to 'Connecting'
Recv: start
Recv: External Reset
Send: M105
Recv: Error: Missing checksum
Changing monitoring state from 'Connecting' to 'Error: Missing checksum
...'
Recv: Resend:1
Recv: ok
Recv:
Recv:
Recv:
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Any idea ?

Bye
Davide

no toys here...sorry
July 21, 2013 02:03PM
Make sure you have set
#define FEATURE_CHECKSUM_FORCED false

looks like cure is not sending the checksum and/or ignores the resend requests.

As a alternative solution, slice with cure, save file and import gcode into Repetier-Host.

July 24, 2013 11:20PM
also cura seems to agressively time the comm communications. i find that if i set the comm port, and then let the baud rate be autodetected, this is enough time to allow comm to initialize, even with BT devices. the additional time of checking the lower baud rates allows driver needed time to connect. hope this is helpful.
woo
September 12, 2013 07:33AM
so anything new about this combo? i like cura because good slicer software but cannot connect to repetier fw....
September 12, 2013 11:45AM
I found another Cura-repetier fw problem:

Cura adds some informative text at the end of the generated .gcode files which causes makes my delta printer's hotend go down, hitting the finished piece when the last layer is completed.
mcp
September 12, 2013 06:20PM
Hello,
my suggestion would be to have Cura Engine as 3rd alternative slicer within Repetier-Host. Settings would be in Repetier and Cura-Engine will just sclice. So some dialogs to setup the settings for cura and a call to cura-engine would be lovely.

I also faile to get Cura talk to my repetier fw. Not even any error.
woo
September 17, 2013 12:30AM
hello, yes, i am doing so, slicing in cura and then import g code to repetier,

for me its ok, but i am searching simple solution for my wife.(actually slic3r is generally ok, except lihe 1000% longer slicing time then cura, and he cant generate some gcodes(i get out some weird coder with empty layers etc), while cura does it perfectly)..

2 funkymonk:
you can edit start.gcode and end.gcode in cura. if you are not shure what are you doing with gcode just open slic3r in repetier, copy start and end gcode and paste it into cura.
September 17, 2013 12:29PM
Hi.

The problematic gcode that makes my Rostock dig into the printed part has no relation with the end gcode. It's added by Cura ant the end of the .gcode file:

G1 X-4.07 Y-4.29 E138.25390
G0 F18480 X-4.07 Y-3.98
;End GCode
M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F24000 ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops, so the head is out of the way
M84 ;steppers off
G90 ;absolute positioning

;CURA_PROFILE_STRING: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

> 2 funkymonk:
> you can edit start.gcode and end.gcode in cura. if
> you are not shure what are you doing with gcode
> just open slic3r in repetier, copy start and end
> gcode and paste it into cura.
September 19, 2013 10:14AM
@Funkymonk

The cura crashing bug is fixed in the development version of repetier. It was caused by the very long comment string as you already figured out, which was handled wrong or more precise, the double colon was the problem.

September 20, 2013 12:03PM
Thanks, repetier. I'll try the development verion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login