Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier cant find gcode

Posted by midnightvisions 
Repetier cant find gcode
November 11, 2013 12:42AM
I had the latest version of Repetier installed but after frequent issues I downgraded back to the original version that came with the printer .72 with slic3r 0.9.2.

The first 10 prints went mostly trouble free but now 2 seconds after hitting the slice button (to start slic3r) I get an error message that the gcode file can't be found.

appdata/local/repetierhost/composition.gcode

I coped the log and all I got was

21:22.943 : ok

I've uninstalled the program and reinstalled the latest version, same issue.

Uninstalled and reinstalled .83 and .84, same problem.

All versions of the software won't print anything. What do I do?
Re: Repetier cant find gcode
November 11, 2013 01:19AM
I had a error like this before. It was usually an invalid setting like setting the layer thickness thicker then the nozzle size to something like that.
Be sure to have the bottom log section large enough to see everything and have "Errors" highlighted.
If its a slicer error it should tell you what happened.
If that't not it I would delete all the settings out of the user profile when you swap versions.
Its at "C:\users\profile\appdata\roaming\slic3r". Have to have show hidden files enables in windows.

Have you sliced the file before?
I am guessing when you go to g-code editor there is nothing there.
does it render correctly in object placement?
November 11, 2013 02:03AM
It often occur when your press kill slicing or slicing error.
so you can open click the File-Show work directory

you will not find the composition.gcode

Solutions
1. you can find a successful slicing name as composition.gcode and put it into the work directory.
2. because the Repetier Firmware Uninstall is not kill the Regedit file.
you can delete "Start-Regedit-HKEY_CURRENT_USER-software-repetier" first, then reinstall.
3. the build-in Slic3r Version is 0.9.9.53, your can update it into the Slic3r Version 0.9.10.56

My world is not lightly give up!
[www.pibot.com] PiBot
PiBot machine and electronic
November 11, 2013 05:22AM
@panxinlong7373 Thanks,, It was a combination of a bad windows registry and having nozzle diameter smaller than the layer height.

@CrazymonkeyCM2 The item had been sliced many times before to fine tune the print. After many issues with infill, sidewalls, and top layers not filling it was recomended that I just uninstall everything and reinstall the original software which didn't have these errors.
November 12, 2013 09:15PM
Been pulling my hair out for the last two days.

I did not have the printer pluged in while troubleshooting the previous issues.

My computer can no longer communicate with with the printer anymore. Clicking connect, it says connected, but nothing works. All commands just keep building the the waiting que.

None of the communication settings were changed during this process, but because the registry settings were deleted, I reinstalled the arduino software that came with the printer. Windows says the driver were sucessfully installed

Then went throught the troublesooting, communication checks (com and bitrate) and still the printer does not respond.

Under printer information / machine type, all it says is unknown when connected, but number of extriders it reads as 1, which is correct, all othe fields are blank.

Do you guys have any idea what is going on?
November 15, 2013 03:06AM
If the botton goes to green a physical connection (driver) is possible, but something prevents communication.
If you have a printrboard set "Reset on connect" to disabled or you will have to wait forever. Or your baud rate is wrong.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 15, 2013 09:04PM
baudrate was set at default 57600, but didn't work. lowered it to 9600, stopping at eack step, still didnt work. reset it back to 57600 anyway.

hit the reset button on the mega board, still didn't work.

usb makes a good connection and sound when plugged in and removed. same when hitting mega board reset button

device manager says device is working properly. those com and baud settings match repetier.

updated mega driver and that did not fix it.

log
17:59:19.440 : OpenGL version:1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1437
17:59:19.441 : OpenGL extensions:GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture3D GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_WIN_swap_hint

17:59:19.441 : OpenGL renderer:Intel 945GM

17:59:19.441 : Using fast VBOs for rendering is possible

7 commands waiting in the que, nothing else works.
November 16, 2013 02:27AM
I see you think the baudrate of the device manager has any influence. Well that is completely wrong. It is completely ignored. What must match is the baudrate configured in your printer and the baudrate set in Repetier-Host. Typical values are 115200, 250000 and 230400 baud. Depending on the firmware it may be changed with the eeprom settings, so values in configuration.h of the firmware must not be the one currently valid.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
November 16, 2013 03:32AM
It finally worked on 250000, and 256000 baud. Never would have guessed it would work on that high a rate.

thanks
November 16, 2013 03:43AM
It will only work on one of both - I guess 250000. The other one is near by so small commands may work but larger will cause a higher error rate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login