Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configure won't start

Posted by donde 
Configure won't start
June 24, 2014 10:51AM
Decided to install Repetier 0.95f into my new install of Xubuntu 14.04 LTS. Got through all the steps but near the end, the Terminal showed a bunch of errors
indicating Perl version cannot be equal or greater than 5.14. Well, this Xubuntu is the latest and has Perl version 5.18.2. So that is not good.
Anyway Repetier launched OK and screen looked normal. However, I can't launch Configure in Slice. Nothing happens. I have not set any other options for my printer yet,
a Printrbot Simple. I would do that later. I believe Configure should at least launch. So, I've got 2 troubles right off the bat. Perl too late a version, and Configure doesn't work.
Any help?
Re: Configure won't start
June 25, 2014 11:21AM
That part that failed was the slic3r configuration script. The host it self is not dependent on this, only for slicing you need to tell where the slicer is located. You should try the binary directly from slic3r.org and set the path to that version instead.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login