Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

keyped.

Posted by michel pet 
keyped.
July 03, 2012 08:53AM
is it possible to get support for this keypad controller in repetier???.

[reprap.org]
Re: keyped.
July 03, 2012 11:35AM
While Repetier-Firmware is able to select from different input methods, there is currently no support for the keypad integrated. If someone writes the method to question the keypad state, I will gladly include the code ifor the next release. The changes for this should be quite small as the firmware doesn't care where key strokes come from.You only need to add a reader into the key question routine for it and you are done,

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 09, 2012 05:40AM
But do you think that at least this lcd and encoder works with repetier firmware without changes (i'm not a programmer)?
I think that this is a simple solution for connecting a lcd to ramps

Thanks
Francesco
July 09, 2012 11:05AM
I think you will need to make some additional effort if you want to get this working with any firmware. If is not widely available, the chances of there being someone using it with Repetier firmware is very unlikely. This means it will difficult to get it working if you have absolutely no experience with making changes to the firmware source files.

The Repetier firmware supports several methods of connecting an LCD button pad to RAMPS, Sanguinololu, Gen6, and other electronics, but it always requires modification of the source files. In particular the Configuration.h and uiconfig.h
July 09, 2012 11:40AM
Like jcabrer already said, you need someone with the matching code.

If you want an easy solution you can use the Adafruit RGB shield. It has an LCD and five buttons. The latest firmware has even a preset uiconfig.h for this hardware. It has no encoder and uses buttons instead. You can still additionally connect an encoder directly to the board if you prefer this way of input.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login