Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepetierHost Linux USB connection problem fix

Posted by rrr7 
RepetierHost Linux USB connection problem fix
July 07, 2012 03:18PM
If you are running Linux like me, you may have a small frustration with your printer not wanting to connect to the host software. I worked out this solution for myself, and thought that I would share it.
I am using; LInux Fedora v16x64, gnome, Repetier Host v.51, Repetier firmware v.70, reprap RAMPS v1.4.
Make sure to use only a standard baude rate 115200 or 57600 etc... the 250000 does not work for some systems. The firmware needs to be loaded with the same baud rate the first time also. I use 115200 baud.

1) power on printer and plug in USB cord (either order, power or plug in first)
2) open terminal and type command "dmesg|tail"
3) read output looking for ..."now attached to ttyUSB0", this ttyUSB# is the port number you need to match with software setting in the printer host.
4) open repetierHost and in select port to match the USB port found above. If it does not have that selection, type it in.
5) in repetierHost select
6) press the RAMPS (reprap printer) reset button.

You can repeat this procedure whenever the printer does not connect with the button in the host software. I need to do this everytime that I disconnect, then go to reconnect again. Apparently, the port number will increment up when connection is lost due to USB unplugging, printer power-down or other reasons.

If you have an easier solution, let me know. I hope this helps you-
Re: RepetierHost Linux USB connection problem fix
July 10, 2012 10:21AM
Hi,

You can use the technique here to make the tty be always the same for that device: [hintshop.ludvig.co.nz]
July 10, 2012 10:35PM
Thanks Tinhead,
I had come across a similar method to name devices before but could not find it again when I needed it and I remember it being more complicated in their explination.
This one is much more concise, it will save me the inconvenience of extra steps.
July 10, 2012 10:49PM
oops, tried to use greaterthan and lessthan symbols in message and it omitted text-- update:

4) open repetierHost and in (printer settings) select port to match the USB port found above. If it does not have that selection, type it in.
5) in repetierHost select (connect).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login