Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Invert signal of a digital pin as a heater pin

Posted by amicado 
Invert signal of a digital pin as a heater pin
January 23, 2015 08:17PM
I have the issue, that i assigned one of the servo pins as the heated bed pin to free up the D8-D10 ports for fans.
How can i invert the signal of just the D11 pin where the heated bed control is wired.

As i saw there is a invert heaters function, but that would also invert the extruder heater signals i guess.

i need just to invert the D11 pin.

Regards, Alex
Re: Invert signal of a digital pin as a heater pin
January 24, 2015 05:53AM
I general it is a very bad idea to have inverted heater output signals. That means if you burn new firmware or firmware crashes the heater might stay on.
The switch you found was for a board that had all heater outputs inverted.
Single invertion is not directly supported, but it is easy to change in HAL.cpp. Find the place where all extruders are controlled and invert the write output for the heater you need to be inverted. You must find 2 places. One which resets heater and one that enables it!

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Invert signal of a digital pin as a heater pin
January 24, 2015 07:24AM
Thx again repetier you opened my eyes a little!

I have not considered the case of a failure, and you are totaly right that my schematic would pull up the heater mosfet and enable the heater!!

Tough i have a relay controlled by inverted ps_on pin (positive triggered) by which in this case would open up and disable the 12V supply its a bad practise i guess, and i should change that right?

Ive designed the heatbed driver in mind to be triggered by even a open collector input (for example the heater mosfet D8 which would pull down the driver) as well as a digital pin, so the input is generally pulled up.

Damn now i have to open up again and have a nice soldering session,... THX haha moody smileygrinning smiley

Greetings, Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login