Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with Repetier delta firmware

Posted by fe1od1or 
Issue with Repetier delta firmware
July 11, 2015 12:52AM
I am using Repetier Firmware for my Rostock printer, but have run into an issue. When I go to compile it in the Arduino IDE, it gives me errors about various things not being defined/initiated. Most have to do with fastio.h. I have attached a file that has all the errors copy/pasted into it. Any insight is appreciated. (originally from Delta Machines category)
Attachments:
open | download - Repetier errors.rtf (15 KB)
Re: Issue with Repetier delta firmware
July 11, 2015 03:51AM
It simply says you are using pin 54 and your selected processor does not have pin 54. So you have either selected the wrong motherboard or set a wrong pin number for X_STEP_PIN.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 12, 2015 12:49PM
Oh god, I'm an idiot. I had forgotten to switch to Arduino Mega 2560 in the Arduino IDE. Well, the massive list of errors is now gone, there is still one left. This is it:

Printer.cpp: In member function 'void Distortion::measure()':
Printer.cpp:1967:25: error: 'runZProbe' is not a member of 'Printer'
Printer::runZProbe(ix == 0 && iy == DISTORTION_CORRECTION_POINTS - 1, ix == DISTORTION_CORRECTION_POINTS - 1 && iy == 0, Z_PROBE_REPETITIONS))),
^
Error compiling.
July 12, 2015 01:45PM
Distortion measurement requires a zprobe, see function definition here

#if FEATURE_Z_PROBE
float Printer::runZProbe(bool first,bool last,uint8_t repeat,bool runStartScript)

so I guess you have FEATURE_Z_PROBE not enabled but distortion correction. I will add a compile error stating that more clearly in the next update.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
July 12, 2015 02:13PM
I'm sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm quite new to this. Are you saying I should disable distortion correction? If so, how? I looked through the configuration tool, and found no mention of it.
July 13, 2015 02:25AM
In config tool it is in general tab but only visible for delta printer. There see headline "Z-correction (distortion correction)".

I guess I should add a test to disable it on non deltas in any case.

July 14, 2015 09:36AM
Oh, okay. I had the .91 config tool open, so the category was not there. Thanks for the help, I should probably be able to calibrate as necessary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login