Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steppers wont move and other errors on my gMax 1.5 with Repetier

Posted by Fender 
Steppers wont move and other errors on my gMax 1.5 with Repetier
August 18, 2015 08:04AM
Hello! My school received a gMax 1.5 dual-extruder printer about a year ago. It came preloaded with an outdated version of Marlin. This firmware is not configurable for 2 extruders so I tried upgrading to a newer version of the Marlin firmware. I actually found a version specifically for a gMax 1.5 dual-extruder, however we still couldn't manually control or print with the second extruder.
So we found out that the Repetier Firmware is commonly used for dual extruders. After some research, we configured Repetier and uploaded it to the printer. We think this is a great firmware and would be really easy for other students to use! Unfortunately, we encounter a couple errors that I haven't been able to solve:

1. The entire system freezes when we try to home a single axis or all axes from the LCD display. I think this is directly related with the second problem below.

2. None of the stepper motors move. As I said in problem 1, using the LCD for anything relating to moving a stepper freezes the system. When I use the host (Mac version), I can manage to control the printer because I can see the printer's responses on the LCD display. If I tell a stepper to travel a certain distance, the printer says "IDLE". I have no idea what to do to get the motors to move. When I click "Stop motor", the LCD prints "MOTOR DISABLED", as I think it should.

3. We get a "HEATER DECOUPLED" error when we try heating more than one extruder at a time. I know that the first extruder will independently heat perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Re: Steppers wont move and other errors on my gMax 1.5 with Repetier
August 19, 2015 02:15AM
You should first check endstops (M119). Homing will stop when endstops are triggered. Especially if you have 6 endstops defined wrong you will get no moves at all if ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS is enabled.

3. Check temperature curve in host to see what is going on. Does the second extruder it self also work alone or is it a setting for the second one (check also eeprom)? You can disable decouling test by setting time to 0 if absolutely needed. You should also check the exact message of the decoupling warning since we have 2 stages and it says exactly why it thinks it is decoupled and which extruder triggered it.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login