Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature curve clipping

Posted by mbenson 
Temperature curve clipping
September 26, 2015 12:36PM
What is "Output Extruder" and "Output Bed" really supposed to represent? What are the units "0...50...100"? Are those supposed to be percentage of maximum power? It looks like mine is either clipped at 50, or more likely, the graph is half the height it should be. Is that a graphical bug or is my firmware really reporting 50 units?

Re: Temperature curve clipping
September 26, 2015 12:41PM
If its really supposed to be an integrated value of current draw over maximum current draw, that makes some sense. I modified my Printrbot Simple heated bed and replaced the weak integrated power supply with a bigger power supply. My firmware actually drives a current limited relay that drives the external power supply. So I expect that any measured current of the bed heater would be appear artificially low. I hope it would be considerably lower than 50% maximum though. But the extruder doesn't make any sense. It should draw its full current and show as 100%.
Re: Temperature curve clipping
September 27, 2015 11:31AM
You see percentage of the PWM output reported by firmware. So 100 is always on, 50 is 50% on. In firmware you limit these values with paramers having " max pwm" in it's name, depending on firmware.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login