Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HINT v0.7b Slic3r END-GCODE

Posted by scuba 
HINT v0.7b Slic3r END-GCODE
August 13, 2012 05:04AM
Just a hint for everyone who's starting with Repetier Host v0.7b:
Since v0.7 the original Slic3r config gui is used. By default there are some End G-Codes defined (M104 S0 ;G28 X0 ;M84 ) in Slic3r which will interfere with your JOB Ending Options configured in Repetier Host (Printer Settings -> Printer -> Go to park .. , disable exuder.., a.s.o).

So you make sure you've either the Slic3r options or the Repetier Options enabled.
Otherwise for example your axis would move to the home position (triggered by Slic3r) and afterwards to the "park" posistion (triggered by repetier host) when the print is finished winking smiley
Re: HINT v0.7b Slic3r END-GCODE
August 17, 2012 09:03AM
Hopefully its too early and I'm not seeing the obvious but where do I make this selection? And is there a similar selection for start code?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2012 09:04AM by Flyer2.
August 17, 2012 10:12AM
The host has a per printer defined start/end code which is inserted before and after the slicer generated code. You can select this code in the host gcode editor. This can help managing the same start/end script for all slicers, if you take them out there.

The second place is in printer settings in the second tab. There you can do some selections, what the printer should do after a print is finished. These are executed after everything is finished, if enabled. These settings do no harm, but the parking position mentioned by scuba can let you wonder where that last move came from.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
VDX
August 17, 2012 10:24AM
... I'll have to insert specific G-code after every slice or pause the printer when a slice/layer is completed - is this done in "Config->Printer settings->Advanced->Post Slice Filter" with the "Run filter after ..." - checkbox?

What are the options of #in and #out beside filenames when creating the complete G-code without pausing ... and/or what's to do to start a separate exe after every slice that will do some hardware stuff without interfering with the G-code?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2012 10:28AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 17, 2012 11:03AM
Inserting G-Code between layers is not directly supported by the host. Slic3r allows it to add in its Printer Settings under Layer Change G-Code.

As I understood you want a pause for each layer change?

You could add there a
@pause message
which will be catched by the host causing the print to pause until you click the continue button. While paused you can even move the head if needed, continue will position the head at the position pause started. You can even set a Pause script in the host (G-Code Editor->Run on Pause).

The post slice filer can be run after slicing is finished. That way you can modify a generated g-code with a self written executable. #in and #out are placeholders for the filenames needed by the host to retrieve the changed file. You can add other parameters as you like.

If you need to execute external programs during print I could add two host commands, like
@execute_sync file parameter
@execute_async file parameter

The first would wait for the executable to finish, while the second would continue printing without waiting.
Thinking off this, it could be usefull to put the computer into sleep mode after print or something like that.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
VDX
August 17, 2012 11:11AM
... my idea is to generate a G-code for and/or direct controlling a SLA- or SLS-printer, where the printer has to refresh/prepare the surface of the build before starting with the next layer ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

August 17, 2012 11:26AM
In this case the SLic3r Layer Change G-Code field seems to be the best option, or is there something that doesn't work right if this is used?

VDX
August 17, 2012 04:12PM
... could work - I'll try with different options ...

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login