Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jam detection configuration - help please

Posted by RGN01 
Jam detection configuration - help please
May 06, 2017 06:34AM
Does anyone have a link to a step-by-step guide to configuring jam detection on Repetier, or have any suggestions to help, please?

I am using Repetier Host v2.0.0, Server v0.80.3 and firmware v0.92.9 and have added a Hall effect filament jam detector that pulses onto pin D40.

I have configured it in firmware using:
  • Extruder stepper: 255 steps/mm
  • Jam_Steps: 1366 steps (the detector gives 1 step every 5.357mm so I multiplied the steps/mm of the extruder by 5.357)
  • Jam_Slowdown_Steps: 1500
  • Jam_Slowdown_To: 70%
  • Jam_Error_Steps: 2000
  • Jam_Min_Steps: 50

When I test the extruder by extruding 100mm it does this fine but the jam detector reports that it is slipping.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Is there any way to display the pulses or steps that the jam detector is reporting?

And as a secondary point, is there an optimum length per pulse for the detector? I am able to add more magnets to increase the pulses per turn so can easily amend the current setting.

Thanks.

Richard
Re: Jam detection configuration - help please
May 06, 2017 07:40AM
I think I've answered some of my questions. I found the M602 command and have been using that to debug and to see the pulses and am now tuning it to work effectively.

I'd still like to know if there is an optimum pulse / mm or pulse / extruder steps setting or design parameter so that I can optimise that.

Richard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login