Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configuring Slic3r in mac version.

Posted by geoffd 
Configuring Slic3r in mac version.
August 23, 2012 05:12AM
Hi

I have just started to use Repetier and cannot see how to setup the 3 options boxes on the slic3r screen. i.e. how, or where, do I save the Print/Filament/Printer settings so that these three boxes are populated when I access the page.

Otherwise I am really impressed with it.

Geoff
Re: Configuring Slic3r in mac version.
August 23, 2012 11:56AM
When you start Slic3r you have 4 tabs. Ignore the first one completely. The other tabs Print settings, Filament Settings and Printer Settings are responsible for the boxes. After setting your parameter there hit the save icon and give these settings a name. These are the items which are filled into the boxes, when you exit Slic3r (I hope). Otherwise switch the active slicer and the boxes are also updated.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 24, 2012 01:37AM
I have been using Slic3r for sometime and the problem is that when I start it up it goes to the last directory I was using.

If I save my settings in that directory when I go to the RH-Slic3r tab the 3 drop downs are empty.

When I then use the 'Slic3r' button it uses the Slic3r built in defaults. Not what I saved.

Which directory do you look at to populate the dropdowns?

Geoff
August 24, 2012 10:30AM
The directory where Slic3r stores the three config types are subdirectories of $HOME/Library/Application Support/Slic3r

From what I hear I think you are using the wrong save function in Slic3r. It has one in the menu, which stores in the last directory. Thats the wrong one! You need the one in the tabs in the left upper area. There you see a config name followed by a save and delete icon - no text. These are the one that store the configurations for the host.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2012 10:30AM by repetier.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 25, 2012 07:39AM
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Having got use to using Slic3r from an early version I was always used to using the Load/Save menu items and I had never noticed the save/delete icons on the later versions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login