Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with heated bed

Posted by djamwolfe 
Help with heated bed
August 25, 2012 06:25PM
I decided to try out the repetier firmware today because I like the host so much, moving from Marlin -- which worked great --
I cannot seem to get the heated bed to work... I checked the pins.h file and all of the pins match what I have in Marlin, made sure the right thermister was listed, I even forced the heated bed to true in the firmware.. I am getting proper temp feedback in the counsel, it just wont heat up. Moving back to Marlin it works fine. I know i'm missing something in the firmware, I just don't know where to look....
Running a Prusa with Sanguinololu 1.2 Atmega 1284p

Thanks, Devon
Re: Help with heated bed
August 26, 2012 12:37AM
Repetier uses an autodetect method for the bed. Make sure you didn't. Change a define that you should have left alone. The only thing to specify is the tgrmistor type.
August 26, 2012 07:44PM
I tried again with just the base firmware just pulled the from Git. -- Changed the board to 62 and set both thermisters to 1. Also set my default steps per mm. Still no heated bed.
I guess I'll stick with marlin for now, didnt realize that the EEPROM settings GUI worked with marlin too!!
Thanks for the great printer interface

Devon
August 27, 2012 01:00AM
Oh, Also note that Marlin and Repetier both make use of the eeprom, and this can cause interference. If you want to give it another go, upload repetier with the eeprom feature turned off. I think after doing this, if you turn it back on, the default values will be written.

In particular, check any eeprom values stored that are zero.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login