Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i miss 'Home is at z max' or z-offset

Posted by slitwan 
i miss 'Home is at z max' or z-offset
August 28, 2012 04:00AM
hi all

i'm building a ord-style bot with the z-axis endstop on the max side.
bit since there is no option 'Home is at z max' i don't know how to get this working.
first i thought was to use z-offset, which seems also not to exist.

any hint how to use repetier with a printer with with the z-axis endstop on the max side would be very much appreciate.

thanks in advance :-)

cheers
simon
Re: i miss 'Home is at z max' or z-offset
August 28, 2012 06:03AM
You are the second one needing this. Also I can't understand why you want the home at the top, the feature will be included in the next update.

How to you level your bed that 0 is above the bed, if you have home at the top? Well i know how, but whats the benefit of it, because it is only more difficult as far as I see. So what is the advantage I miss?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
VDX
August 28, 2012 07:16AM
... my CNC-mill is homing TOP / BACK / LEFT at every power-on or reset ... I can teach any position as 0,0,0 - this is then the new origin.

When something went wrong (e.g. stall and/or missing steps), I'll simply home again and restart again.

The last origin will be accurate to something around 0.02mm, what's the precision of the homing routine ...

*** EDIT: damn, had problems to remember the correct homing sequence eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2012 07:25AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 28, 2012 07:20AM
These are the reasons I home to the top: [hydraraptor.blogspot.co.uk].

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
VDX
August 28, 2012 07:27AM
Hi Chris,

you're right, homing Z to TOP first will avoid collision with parts higher than the actual position ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 28, 2012 08:08AM
I now see the benefit for some cases.

Had my clips outside printing range and with the original mendel z-movements outside the bounds are dangerous to both sides.

With a mendel90 and some other printer that makes sense. Also I would vote for two endstops for z if possible. As already said, the next release will contain the home to z-max option (is already written:-) )

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 28, 2012 09:11AM
thanks a lot for all your posts.

i think nopheads links describes the reasons very well.

looking forward to try the new repetier version with the home to z-max option.

anyways a big thank you for your effort. repetier is beauyful!

cheers
simon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login