Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem Connecting Repetier Host to Printer

Posted by Dana 
Problem Connecting Repetier Host to Printer
December 10, 2018 04:45PM
Windows 10
Downloaded Repetier Host for the first time ~ 12/2/2018.

Problem - repeteir server was running and needed to be deactivated in the browser and repetier host.

With help from the Repetier-Host forum I got this working. In case other users have this issue see the below sequence of events to follow to get printer working on Repetier-Host locally and not Browser Window. As it turned out I accidentally started the repetier server which uses the browser window not knowing what I was doing. Like a child pushing buttons on a phone mucking it all up. smiling smiley I'm a hardware guy from days gone by. When 4G microSD cards were not even imagined.

The process I followed to get the local Host-Repetier printer serial port working on the Host (not on the browser window):
Connect serial port to printer and power on your printer if not already running
In browser window find "deactivate printer" and click it. This will result in a browser message "Connection Lost" if there was a connection to loose
In the Repetier-Host "Server" drop down menu select "Stop Local Server", mini window pops up, click ok
Then make sure in Repetier-Host "Printer Settings" to select the printer profile for your printer (if not done already fill it in now), press okay
Then close Repetier-Host program and start it again with your printer running and connected
The print "manual control" area should now read "Idle" (not Disconnected)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 08:34AM by Dana.
Re: Problem Connecting Repetier Host to Printer
December 10, 2018 06:23PM
I want to delete this message

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 08:35AM by Dana.
Re: Problem Connecting Repetier Host to Printer
December 10, 2018 06:57PM
I want to delete this message

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 08:36AM by Dana.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login