Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone else installed RepetierHost in Fedora 17?

Posted by rrr7 
Anyone else installed RepetierHost in Fedora 17?
September 22, 2012 04:49PM
Help, I am trying to find someone that may know what I may have done or not done to mess it up.
With a fresh FC17 install with bare minimum applications yet I get massive errors trying to run RepetierHost.
I can no longer run the same RepetierHost version that I just had under FC16, see link below and ignore minor errors 1) thru 3):
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?267,153705

If you were successful in FC17, please let me know.
Do you have any idea what I may do different?
I thought about reinstalling FC17, but there was so little installed when I began having the problems, that I dont think it would get me anything different. Do you disagree?
Re: Anyone else installed RepetierHost in Fedora 17?
September 23, 2012 07:19AM
Ok, I wanted to test an other Linux base then debian/ubuntu and installed Fedora 17. I have only added the mono stuff and the host itself worked without problems, except that after closing a maximized host causes a crash on later startups. So never close the host maximized in linux.

The only difference may be that I have a 64 bit computer.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
September 23, 2012 07:28PM
Thanks for trying to help me with FC17, I also have a 64 bit. Did you accept the package manager suggested updates after installation was finished? This time I did not. You say that you only installed mono before RepetierHost? I just reinstalled FC17. repetierHost is working, but the 3Dview geometry disappears when I resize the window a little bigger.
These are the errors when it starts now:
[root@R5 RepetierHost]# repetierHost
[root@R5 RepetierHost]# Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Slic3r home:/root/.Slic3r
nvfx_screen_get_param:95 - Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 30
nvfx_screen_get_param:95 - Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 55
nvfx_screen_get_param:95 - Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 56
nvfx_screen_get_param:95 - Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 59
nvfx_screen_get_param:95 - Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 58

much better this time.
at this time I only have monodevelop and repetierHost installed, no skeinforge or its dependancies. and declined all FC17 package manager updates.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2012 01:01PM by rrr7.
September 23, 2012 11:49PM
Well, as soon as I resized the window, now I have more errors (below), but I did not leave it maximized and then now it keeps crashing

[root@R5 RepetierHost]# System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: GetItemRectangle index out of range.
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.GetItemRectangle (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.GetItemDisplayRectangle (Int32 index, Int32 first_displayble) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.InvalidateItem (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ListBox:InvalidateItem (int)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox+SelectedIndexCollection.AddCore (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox+SelectedIndexCollection.Add (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex (Int32 value) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedItem (System.Object value) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ListBox:set_SelectedItem (object)
at RepetierHost.view.STLComposer.openAndAddObject (System.String file) [0x00000] in :0
at RepetierHost.view.STLComposer.buttonAddSTL_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in :0

----------------------now just after adding a small gear stl to the plate it crashes with these errors:-------------------------

[root@R5 RepetierHost]# repetierHost
[root@R5 RepetierHost]# Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: GetItemRectangle index out of range.
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.GetItemRectangle (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.GetItemDisplayRectangle (Int32 index, Int32 first_displayble) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.InvalidateItem (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ListBox:InvalidateItem (int)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox+SelectedIndexCollection.AddCore (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox+SelectedIndexCollection.Add (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex (Int32 value) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedItem (System.Object value) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ListBox:set_SelectedItem (object)
at RepetierHost.view.STLComposer.openAndAddObject (System.String file) [0x00000] in :0
at RepetierHost.view.STLComposer.buttonAddSTL_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in :0

--------Sorry I can't be more help, I am marginal at programming and don't know much about sytem architecture.------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2012 11:09AM by rrr7.
September 24, 2012 12:42PM
More random things that I have come across, hoping that something may help you with some kind of clue:

1) crashed when removing the small gear from the build plate after just adding it.
2) running bundled slic3r it shows error window "I could not find the generated G-code file...." and listed the correct directory with .../work/composition.gcode. However in the actual work directory it had created a file "composition.stl". I assume that it is just one of the steps it takes to generate the gcode, but I had never noticed that. the file size is 0 though.
3) ran for 5 minutes loading and unloading parts and trying to slice without crashing and without the window errors only the slic3r and PIPE_CAP ones. I had not tried to resize the window from the default as it started this time. But finally I could not get it to refresh the and show the build screen. At that point it was going very slow to refresh the main window acting like it was working hard computing something. So I closed it.
4) ran for several minutes without build platform graphics disappearing having never pulled up an object. Then graphics disappeared while on slicer tab. only adding an object to the platform brought back the graphics.
5) on the slicer tab when pressing slic3r "configure" button nothing happens?
6) it seems to run without crashing if I don't try to resize the window at all, I could work with that. It only gives these errors:
[Rich@R5 ~]$ repetierHost
[Rich@R5 ~]$ Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Slic3r home:/home/Rich/.Slic3r

--------------I attached the log without window sizing and it shows some errors for slic3r that may help.-------------

sometimes the FPS indicator in the bottom of the window indicates a constantly changing value 500 to 600 when no action is being taken?? (just like it looks while holding down the left mouse button).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2012 12:55PM by rrr7.
Attachments:
open | download - repetier.log (3.7 KB)
September 24, 2012 01:34PM
Ok, now without changing anything except turning on logging and all the log buttons at the bottom of the screen (all green)- I can't get it to crash for the last two hours. Now that I want it to crash- it won't sad smiley (I think it knows what I am up to.)
I can get it to bring back the disappearing graphics by selecting or moving something in the 3Dview buttons, adding an object, deleting an object or maximizing and then unmaximizing the window. It makes plates and saves stl files.
Unfortunately the default slic3r still won't produce gcode, and I have nothing else installed on my system waiting for it to fail, like my preferred skeinforge. It seems to have become more and more stable- for the time being...
...well, it finally crashed when flipping between firefox window, but nothing good in the log and no more errors in the terminal.
It started back up when called and is staying up again.
I have no idea why it is working better, but I avoid leaving it maximized for more than a second just in case it fails. If maximized on startup, it likely will not start anymore from our experience.
September 24, 2012 03:24PM
Ok, here some infos.

Your error message: [Rich@R5 ~]$ Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"

I did a : locate pk-gtk-module

and got

/usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon-3.0/gtk-modules/pk-gtk-module.desktop
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libpk-gtk-module.so
/usr/lib/gtk-3.0/modules/libpk-gtk-module.so

perhaps you have not installed the matching module.

I got the host compiling with mono and finally found the reason for the maximize error. So expect at least this one gone in the next version.

Concerning your slic3r problem I guess you havent compiled everything needed. The host contains only the sources for Slic3r but it has quite a mass of dependencies. Check the slic3r homepage or try a 32-bit precompiled linux binary.

One time I had the opengl window gone but couldn't reproduce it.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
September 24, 2012 04:01PM
Wierd, I also got something similar:

[Rich@R5 ~]$ locate pk-gtk-module
/usr/lib64/gnome-settings-daemon-3.0/gtk-modules/pk-gtk-module.desktop
/usr/lib64/gtk-3.0/modules/libpk-gtk-module.so

If pk-gtk is there, how can it be pointed to find it?

Thanks for finding the maximize error.

My slic3r problem does not concern me since I do not plan to use it as long as it does not cause a crash. I will be installing skeinforge now that it seems to run again.
September 24, 2012 10:11PM
"configure" button does not pull up skeinforge interface. but this appears in the console "Slic3r home:/home/Rich/.Slic3r
". Which reminds me that the slic3r "configure" button does not work either, but the same message shows up in the console when pressed.

P.S. Any thoughts on the prior comment pk-gtk path setting issue?
September 25, 2012 01:18PM
rrr7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "configure" button does not pull up skeinforge
> interface. but this appears in the console
> "Slic3r home:/home/Rich/.Slic3r
> ". Which reminds me that the slic3r "configure"
> button does not work either, but the same message
> shows up in the console when pressed.

You need to setup skeinforge before you can use configure. Make sure to use the right python version for skeinforge (2.xx not 3.xx).

>
> P.S. Any thoughts on the prior comment pk-gtk path
> setting issue?

I'm no Linux user. I only use it for server issues without gui, so I have no plan. I even do not know what pk-gtk is:-(

September 26, 2012 10:57PM
Found it.
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
is a bug now in Gnome3 started back in Gnome2 in FC10 that it looks like has been finally fixed in FC17 updates.
[bugzilla.redhat.com]
as su I used:
# yum update PackageKit-0.7.5-1.fc17
that error is now gone, I am still trying to get my skeinforge to pull up and run with the repetierHost configure or slice buttons (using python2.7 and pypy1.9).
so, # python skeinforge.py test.stl
in the skeinforge_application directory runs and outputs gcode, but gives me an error:
"You do not have Tkinter, which is needed for the graphical interface, you will only be able to use the command line."
Which is odd, since I installed ActiveTcl8.5.12 (w/Tkinter) again- so I am tracking down why this time It is not working.
[Rich@R5 skeinforge_application]$ locate tkinter
/usr/lib64/pypy-1.9/lib-python/2.7/lib-tk/test/test_tkinter
/usr/lib64/pypy-1.9/lib-python/2.7/lib-tk/test/test_tkinter/__init__.py
/usr/lib64/pypy-1.9/lib-python/2.7/lib-tk/test/test_tkinter/test_loadtk.py
/usr/lib64/pypy-1.9/lib-python/2.7/lib-tk/test/test_tkinter/test_text.py
? sad smiley
September 27, 2012 03:09AM
Tkinter with pypy seems difficult. I have read that it is possible, but never got it running. For configuration I always use python to run skeinforge. For slicing I use pypy, because it is much faster and no tk is needed for that. That is also the reason you can set different interpreter for Skeinforge and Craft.

September 28, 2012 01:08AM
Well I got skeinforge working with repetierHost.
I was trying to manually install tar.gz of ActiveTcl8.5.12 (w/Tkinter) from the website, that was my mistake.
# yum search tkinter (to find package name)
# yum install tkinter.x86_64
worked like a charm for Fedora 17 on my 64 bit machine (I read that online somewhere). Now the skeinforge setting window comes up with the press of the button.
I just installed pypy from the package manager "add/remove software" a.k.a. gnome package kit.
repetierHost still fails with the window errors sometimes, but strangely not as frequently? The geometry can be revived most of the time by clicking buttons.

Thanks for the help.

We worked through many of these issues, we had 3 threads going at the same time.
-repetierHost v0.72 errors
-repetierHost .72 errors
-Anyone else installed RepetierHost in Fedora 17? (this one)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 09:57AM by rrr7.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login