Repetier & Pick and Place Machine
November 18, 2012 01:58AM
Hi,

I have been using Repetier host to test a pick and place machine built using common parts from 3d printers. I tried Repetier firmware but for some reason the z axis shifts unexpectedly so I am currently using Sprinter on a RAMPS board.

Thanks for Repetier host and I plan to integrate some of the C# communications code into my PNP interface.

Stupid question - how is Repetier pronounced? I may have butchered the name in my demo video by making it French sounding:

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Repetier & Pick and Place Machine
November 18, 2012 04:16AM
Nice machine you are building there.

No idea why you got shifts. At least if you used absolute positioning it shouldn't happen unless you get missed steps.

Pronouncing is ok, but you should not pause after the "rep". Same speed over the complete word.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Repetier & Pick and Place Machine
November 18, 2012 04:47PM
Repetier,

Thanks. I ran a test where I moved the z head very slowly and I still had unexpected movements. However, I have ordered a cheap logic analyzer and will monitor the step and direction signals when things misbehave. This should tell me if the issue is mechanical or code related. I'll let you know the results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login