Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

get better EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM value

Posted by guille 
get better EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM value
November 25, 2012 05:04PM
Hi. i'm trying to get better extruder calibration, but the changes i do on firmware (customizing EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM value on configuration.h) do nothing.

Just now, when i open host software and execute "extrude 10mm of PLA at 200 temp" i think i get a bit more plastic extruded.

I was following
[richrap.blogspot.ca]

so i used to mark 30mm with a pencil on PLA filament, and extrude 2 times 10mm each (or 4*5mm, i have change this with same results) and i expected take the exact amount on filament really extruded, and calibrate the extruder progressively.

But when i change the EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM (i did it the same with EXT1_STEPS_PER_MM) to the 373 initial value to (for example) 266, and 183....when i repeat the proof on hosting software i get exactly the same distance of filament been extruded when i exec "2 times 10 mm each"...

Any clue?
Thanks.
Re: get better EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM value
November 26, 2012 05:18AM
Which firmware are you using? Looks like it's Sprinter or Marlin. Values in configuration.h might be ignored in favour of values set by G-code commands. See M82 & friends.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

November 26, 2012 08:59AM
i am using Repetier firmware 0.71.
I changed configuration.h included on directory

"..\repetier-firmware-0_71\Repetier"

So i can not understand the reason that Repetier-Host software is sending G-code commands that firmware did not recognize!!

Anyway, how could i do to change/calibrate the extrusion param STEPS_PER_MM with Repetier firmware?
November 26, 2012 10:38AM
The value is probably also stored in EEPROM. Find the EEPROM settings in your RepetierHost (second menu from the left, I believe),
and try changing it there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login