Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D View Goes Bad

Posted by ddexd 
3D View Goes Bad
December 12, 2012 10:06PM
I need help. It doesn't matter what I print the 3D view eventually goes bad and stops updating. The print runs fine, just the 3D view in Repetier host 0.82b appears bad.

I've tried all the combinations of settings under 3D View Configuration with no resolution.

I've attached two screen shots. First or "Good.jpg" shows everything looking like it should. The second or "Bad.jpg" shows what things look like when the 3D rendering goes bad during the print job.

Dave
Attachments:
open | download - Good.JPG (209.8 KB)
open | download - Bad.JPG (206.7 KB)
Re: 3D View Goes Bad
December 13, 2012 10:26AM
That is the default behavior with slow graphic cards or with slow redering settings. If you look at the frames per second (FPS) in the status bar, you see it takes long to update the graphics. If it gets too slow, your printer will start stuttering, because no data comes to it. For that reason the host disables updating the view to save your print. If you would disable command logging, which is a good idea for normal prints, you would also see the messages reducing the print quality.

With current hardware it is nor problem to render much more complex objects with FPS of 300 and more. All you need to do is set Visualization to automatic or VBOs. VBOs are supported by OpenGL since version 1.5. At the start of the host you see your OpenGL version and capabilities.

If you have a fast hardware and the time measurement on your computer is only wrong, you can disable the reduction in the Repetier settings. But make sure this is the case, as mentioned it is to protect your print.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: 3D View Goes Bad
December 13, 2012 10:35PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login