Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sliced object at different location from placement

Posted by bluscape 
Sliced object at different location from placement
December 19, 2012 01:02PM
I'm using repetier host v0.80 with slic3r v0.9.6. I place objects at a specific location but after slicing they are at the center. How can I prevent this from happening. See attached images.
Attachments:
open | download - Objects.png (374.5 KB)
Re: Sliced object at different location from placement
December 20, 2012 06:00AM
Nobody got any ideas?
December 20, 2012 12:06PM
I have no idea how you did this. I tried it with different settings and it didn't happen, also I used 0.82 with Slic3r 0.9.7.

The host sends the center coordinates to ensure the right positioning, which normally works.

I guess you did something that told Slic3r to override this center. E.g. the resulting code would be unprintable, because your skirt would be outside the printable area. I tried this at home but it didn't move the result in my case.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 21, 2012 10:10PM
In slic3r under Printer settings/ print center. Maybe it's not matching exactly what your printer is. Like on my printer the print bed is 200 x 200 so the default is 100 x 100 but it's not right for my printer. On mine the setting 93 x 113 is center so that's what I put into slicer.

Just a thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login