Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino/Repetier compiler error

Posted by leadinglights 
Arduino/Repetier compiler error
February 19, 2013 02:01PM
When I attempt to upload Repetier firmware to my Arduino/Ramps 1.4, I get the following errors:-

Extruder.cpp:32:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
Extruder.cpp:33:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
Extruder.cpp:72:4: error: ‘ext0_select_cmd’ was not declared in this scope
Extruder.cpp:72:20: error: ‘ext0_deselect_cmd’ was not declared in this scope

Additional information:
This is an all new installation of arduino 1.0.1 on the most recent Ubuntu running on a Compaq V6000 laptop. This was assumed to be O.K. as the Mega1280 was on the list and connects without complaint. I have tried it with the configuration.h left at default.

Thanks for any help

Mike
Re: Arduino/Repetier compiler error
February 19, 2013 03:40PM
Fixed I think!?!. I downloaded Arduino 1.0.3 and Repetier seems to compile and upload O.K. Now for trying to configure it.
February 21, 2013 07:27AM
Repetier compiled and installed fine the first couple of times, but the next time I switched on the computer it had fouled up completely - in fact so badly that I am now reinstalling Ubuntu to get rid of errors that my thrashing about have introduced.

So, the best way out seems to be to install the Arduino 1.0.1 - which seems to be O.K. with many Repetier users, and find out why it reports these errors on compiling:-

Any suggestions overwhelmingly greatfully received.

Mike
February 21, 2013 02:57PM
I guess the error comes from an incomplete configuration file. The activate deactivate config parts a quite new and if you used an old config you might get this error message. Best is always to use a compare tool to see the changes.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 27, 2013 05:45PM
So far, little success. loading the Repetier sketch in Arduino. All attempts to use Arduino 1.0.3 start well, but devolve into Arduino freezing - and then Ubuntu becoming unusable - 20 second response to mouse clicks and many other problems each time doing an erase and clean installation of Ubuntu 12.10 seems the quickest way to go.

Starting with a fresh installation of Ubuntu, with only Arduino 1.0.1 installed. Opening Repetier firmware 0.81, selecting the Atmega2560 and the only available serial port, not changing the Configuration.h, I try uploading to the Ramps board when it gives compilation errors. The earlier errors, always:

After Ubuntu does it's first update, the errors change to

gcode.cpp:91:41:error: attempt to use poisoned "SIG_USART_RECV"
gcode.cpp:101:15:error: attempt to use poisoned "SIG_USART_RECV"

Other info: The computer is a Compaq V6000 laptop.
Marlin can be compiled/uploaded O.K. (but I want to use Repetier on my Rostock.

Thanks,
Mike
March 01, 2013 07:09AM
Returning to this after trying many other avanues, I still get the following when I try to compile Repetier 0.81 with Arduino 1.0.1 running on Ubuntu 12.10

Marlin and Repetier 0.71 both compile and upload sucessfully.

Any Thoughts?
March 04, 2013 07:35AM
Now that I have got my printer moving and heating, but with Marlin, I would like to return to installing Repetier firmware. My hidden agenda is that printer no. 3 will be an H bot - and repetier already has provision for this.

So, the problem is: (and I have spent a lot of Google time and searched many forums for answers)

Repetier Firmware 0.81 won't compile on my Arduino 1.0.1 - Ubuntu 12.10, Compaq V6000, Arduino installed via Ubuntu's package manager and all dependancies satisfied.

If I download and extract Arduino 1.0.3 and call the Arduino package Repetier Firmware 0.81 will compile and upload to the Arduino/Ramps board fine.

****************BUT*************

Shortly therafter, Ubuntu totally has a hissy fit and won't do anything. I think that this occurs shortly after an automatic update. This has been tried many times with clean installations of Ubuntu.

Question: Is there any way I can download and install Arduino 1.0.3 ---- with all of it's dependancies??? I am willing to re-install Ubuntu, or even another distribution of Linux.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2013 07:37AM by leadinglights.
March 04, 2013 07:43AM
I'm not working under linux, so my Arduino-Linux knowledge is limited. The main problem is that the avr compiler is not the same as for windows/mac os. I once traced back the problem with

and must say it is really a stupid solution. Arduino tests if SIG_USART_RECV is available or the newer version, so it decides what to use. But with the poisenning in the avr compiler, your compilation aborts with error if you simply tests the existence. I have rearanged the tests in the firmware, so that the poisened code is not touched any more. But this needs some testing before I can upload it. Don't want to break other versions.

An alternative solution is to remove the poisening in the avr compiler includes.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
March 06, 2013 01:58PM
I have uploaded a new version on Github which should prevent the poisoned compile problems. I hope it works, havent't tested it with a avr compiler which does poisoning.

March 07, 2013 03:34AM
Thanks Repetier, but sadly it only reduced the error reports to a single line:

I have borrowed a very old Windows computer which works (as much as Windows ever does) and I will use this until the "Raring" version of Ubuntu comes out, complete with the latest Arduino and associated depandancies - sometime in April

Mike
March 09, 2013 03:06PM
Just to say thanks to Repetier. I am using Windows XP and much enjoying the software - Host as well as firmware. When Arduino and the gcc compiler are willing to work on my laptop I will return to using Ubuntu.

Mike
March 12, 2013 04:22PM
A quick report that Arduino 1.0.4 with Repetier Firmware 0.81 seems O.K.. The sketch compiles without complaint and uploads to an Arduino Mega board. I haven't been able to test it yet - but none of the previous behaviours have happened.

The arduino was downloaded and extracted with the archive manager and the executable was called in a terminal. Presumabbly all of the dependancied from the 1.0.1 download were used.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login