Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder requires to cool down to <40 before next print starts delay.. annoying

Posted by mrfunk 
extruder requires to cool down to <40 before next print starts delay.. annoying
April 20, 2013 05:11PM
Frustrated that my extruder is told to cool down to less than 40.. before it heats up again for next print. . Really slowing things up. Especislly when calibrating. .

How do I do this. . Or is it a marlin issue.

Cheers

DAve
Re: extruder requires to cool down to <40 before next print starts delay.. annoying
April 20, 2013 06:19PM
I never heard of such a requirement. Why do you think this is needed? Only reason i can think of is a M109 with low temperatures, but there is no reason to use this command to turn heater off. Normally you use M104 which does not wait until temperatureis reached.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: extruder requires to cool down to <40 before next print starts delay.. annoying
April 20, 2013 07:01PM
Im not asking for this.... it just this between prints...on its own

If i print something... (so with everything at temperature after finishing the first print) It wont just start a new print...i.e start heating the extruder.. until it cools down to 40..and then it heats back up.... to say 200..

Dave
April 21, 2013 03:56AM
Check in th ehost if you see x commands waiting. This means the firmware is blocking commands because the firmware is waiting for something like temp<40. The host itself doe snot wait for temperatures, so it is either a command send to the printer that causes the wait or some function in marlin, but I never use marlin so I have idea how it behaves.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
April 21, 2013 05:41AM
Must be Marlin.. any ideas
April 21, 2013 03:47PM
edit: nevermind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 03:51PM by Dad911.

Thingiverse ID Alan1279
April 21, 2013 04:05PM
? What does that mean
I have the same "problem"
During the cooldown period of extruder head the heated bed also gets turned off casing me to start with a cold bed
Using latest Repetier host and firmware, so its not related to Marlin...
Could add following info

Ramps 1.4
Repetier Host 0.85b
Repetier Firmware 0.82.2
Using Slic3r 0.9.9

Same behaviour if I run gcode from SD without host or directly from Host
May 15, 2013 04:28AM
Have you checked the end of your g-code? As I already wrote if you have M109 of M190 at the end of the g-code, the firmware will wait for the cool down simply because you told it to do so.

For me this happens the first time I start up printing, so I do not have any M109/M190 unless sent by host.
Steps in host
- Powering on ramps and connecting host
- I preheat bed from host since it takes some time to reach 110 deg. I need to activate the bed heater a number of times due to the inactivity timeout of 120s before it reaches temp.
- When closing up to bed 110 i start preheating head from host. (win7)
- When closing up to extruder head 230 deg I launch print at which time both bed and extruder are shut off.
- Print is not started until extruder has gone down to below 100 deg when it starts heating again extruder, however bed is not started again and has now cooled down significantly ...
May 15, 2013 05:33AM
Ok, in that case check in g-code tab what you have inside "start code" and the beginning of the g-code.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login