Our Gen 6 board is throwing mysterious ????????????????????????????????????????????? Line:
replies in the Repetier console and becoming unresponsive.

Recently it had been left in a jam that probably left it straining against its-self for some time,

Is it possible something on the board is blown and what are good ways to test for hardware damage?

As the Gen6 is one piece unlike the RAMPS system am I looking at a full replacement?? eek

Anyone else get this?
Sounds like a communication problem or damaged flash. Try reinstalling the firmware in case some flash bits got toggled.

Do you get them all of the time or some good lines followed by this line.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
I can send a few good commands, then machine freezes, there is the ????? line and nothing except the "commands waiting" cue keeps rising when more commands are sent.

A reconnection will let you do another two or three commands and then its off again.

I will re-flash it with both fingers crossed!
The fact that it moves at all should mean the motor drivers and circuitry is ok? amirite?

Thanks!!
One other thing that could be is memory usage. The gen 6 has a 644 which only has 4kb ram. Depending on activated features and buffers you need more then 4kb to run the firmware. E.g. the rostock code needs at least 8kb to run.

Make sure sd card is disabled, ui is disabled. Do not use generic temperature tables.

That should be enough to get it running without memory problems.

Motor driver should be ok if you had already moves.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login