Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Script Z-probe

Posted by maralb 
Script Z-probe
October 19, 2013 01:36AM
are being tested on repetier 0.90 with Zprobe.
how can I use the command script to do from my Delta to trigger the level of the axes?

I see in the compilation config.h exist a command Start and End sript

/** These scripts are run before resp. after the z-probe is done. Add here code to activate/deactivate probe if needed. */
#define Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT ""
#define Z_PROBE_FINISHED_SCRIPT ""

how to do this from the command line?
what to put in quotation marks

have a probe model Mini Kossel Johann Rocholl
to enable shutter release like in the video
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 01:40AM by maralb.
Re: Script Z-probe
October 19, 2013 05:05AM
The scripts are simple gcode commands with a \n between two commands. Put the same commands there like you would send otherwise over the manual control.

So if you would send

G1 X120 Y100 Z200 F6000
G1 X140 Y100

you would set

#define Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT "G1 X120 Y100 Z200 F6000\nG1 X140 Y100"

Thats all. As soon as the probe is needed, the command gets send. Because it is always run if needed, there is no command line call to trigger this.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 19, 2013 11:32AM
I can not do start the script
I digits G32 and no commands work scripted
these are the commands to enable swicth with a slap on the X axis
# define Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT "G1 x-113 y-36 z20 F5000 \ nG1 x-92 y-67 F5000"
end this script instead:
# define Z_PROBE_FINISHED_SCRIPT "G1 x7 Y-108 F5000\nG1 z0 F5000"
many thanks for your reply

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 11:33AM by maralb.
October 19, 2013 11:42AM
Please use uppercase letters as required for gcode. Then it should work.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
October 20, 2013 09:46AM
excuse the many questions
I get this when I send G29 Log

15:38:25.656 : N145 G29 *50
15:38:25.656 : Info:Autoleveling disabled
15:38:27.750 : Z-probe:11.09 X:-48.00 Y:-72.00
15:38:30.234 : N146 M105 *4
15:38:31.390 : Z-probe:10.27 X:100.00 Y:-60.00
15:38:35.265 : N147 M105 *5
15:38:35.656 : Z-probe:10.21 X:-3.00 Y:90.00
15:38:35.890 : Z-probe average height:10.53
15:38:35.906 : Info:Autoleveling enabled
15:38:35.906 : X:-3.00 Y:90.00 Z:10.00 E:0.00

the probe seems to work well
but the values ​​can not understand
October 20, 2013 10:46AM
Z-probe: xxx

is the distance, the printer went down until the z-probe switch triggered. The X and Y are the coordinates where it was tested.

Z-probe average height:10.53

is the average height over the last 3 tests which got executed during G29

For more information read also

http://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-firmware/z-probing/

October 20, 2013 01:56PM
Hi very nice firmware en host package I like but like al new comers to 3D printing we do get lost I build my first Delta www.gillybot3d.co.za and I would like to use the z probe with a servo to deploy and retract but don't know how to trigger the servo all is working probe and servo but do not know how to implement it in to the G29 please help thanx and again great job nice piece of work
October 21, 2013 06:44AM
You trigger the servo with this command:

- M340 P S : servoID = 0..3, Servos are controlled by a pulse with normally between 500 and 2500 with 1500ms in center position. 0 turns servo off.

at least if you configured it correctly in Configuration.h. Find out the two pulse widths for on and off and there you go. Only problem is the servo will run all the time or you need an additional relay to turn power on/off. For that you can use M42 to toggle a unprotected pin (not used for important functions) that switches the relay.

October 21, 2013 02:02PM
Thanx for the response but I am still lost the firmware side beats me I got the servo to move if I send the M340 P0 S500 and then try the G29 but it gave me Z probe fail but no worry I know u are a busy man so won't bother u with small stuff I will keep on trying thax a lot and again good job my Delta is running a lot smoother with Repetier
October 25, 2013 06:32AM
Hello repetier

im trying to understand ... when im in config.h i can find the code for z probing ?

so do i have to copy the code to config.h from z probe manual on your site ?

regards

elidor
October 25, 2013 06:44AM
The codes are already in the configuration.h, but only in the development version on github!

October 25, 2013 12:24PM
great....

thank you repetier
November 01, 2013 08:13AM
Hello repetier

every thing is going great , execpt that im trying to run auto level ( i did some reading and i understand that some other ppl have this kind of issue )

im getting 4 point probing and did that for 4 time using this commend G32 PS2 P0 AND P1 AND P2 AND P3

its seems that when im trying to print i get and unlevel surface for example on the -x SIDE THE NUZZLE GOING DOWN AND ON THE x SIDE THE NUZZLE GOING UP BY 7 MM

when im preforming the check the firmware return that my everge hight is 7 mm

i was trying allso to do a manual leveling and run the auto probe again and no results .

what am i doing wrong ??

BEST REGARDS AND THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORTING =)
November 01, 2013 10:34AM
Sounds like you have a delta printer. The code for delta calibration is not good. I'm currently working on a new calibration/z-probing method that should work much better and easier. It is nearly finished but has currently one last error I'm searching. Watch for the next dev version if you see "new z-probe for delta" or something like that.

November 03, 2013 01:04PM
Hi

Great... thank you alot

regrads

elidorsmileys with beer
November 05, 2013 03:21PM
I just discover Z-Probe and It will be famous. I want to try on my reprap (mendel).

But I don't understand where I must plug my stop end Z?

I have to use End stop Z or an another end stop and witch one?

Thank's
November 06, 2013 09:14AM
First, you should have your z endstop end z-max if you do z-probing. You can have also a z-min endstop, but you need to set it up in a way, that the extruder has to press the bed a bit to get triggered or measuring z min might get interrupted by the z-min endstop.

For the z-probe you need a separate switch. Where you connect it to your board is not important, as long as you set the pin number/invert values correct. If you have a free endstop input, that is a good choice. For autoleveling that z-prope must be fixed at the extruder so it triggeres before the nozzle hits the bed.

November 06, 2013 10:59AM
I'm sorry to write, but I use google translator to read / write.
I do not understand the English translation Italian?.
on Delta system, I can use the probe connected to the Z Min??
while all the towers are on Max Limit.

do not understand the translation of this writing:
First, you should have your z endstop end z-max if you do z-probing. You can have also a z-min endstop, but you need to set it up in a way, that the extruder has to press the bed a bit to get triggered or measuring z min might get interrupted by the z-min endstop.
November 06, 2013 11:10AM
maralb
I'm sorry to write, but I use google translator to read / write.
I do not understand the English translation Italian?.
on Delta system, I can use the probe connected to the Z Min??
while all the towers are on Max Limit.

Yes, that is what I said.

Note on deltas: Probing works not as it should there. I'm working on a fix for this.

maralb
do not understand the translation of this writing:

Ok, special case for delta:
Put the z-probe near your extruder and make sure that the probe hits the bed before the extruder does.

November 06, 2013 11:26AM
fantastic ...
I hope in your great work with the correction of delta Z probe
'm in love with repretier
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login