Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Commands Piling Up

Posted by spaceorange12 
Commands Piling Up
November 12, 2013 06:59PM
Hello,

I am having trouble with the latest Mac version of Repetier-Host (0.56). When I connect my Printrbot, the blue box at the top of the print panel says "5 commands waiting." I have tried changing the baudrate, enabling ping-pong, etc. but nothing changes. Please help!
Re: Commands Piling Up
November 13, 2013 04:28PM
I'm having the same issue on Windows (.90c), its like the program's communication abilities just timed out?
November 13, 2013 06:29PM
With Windows, you can go into your printer settings, and in the first menu check that the Reset on Connect setting is disabled. I hope this helps you. (But it doesn't help me, the Mac version doesn't have that setting sad smiley )
November 13, 2013 06:58PM
doesn't help
November 13, 2013 07:00PM
Hmm. Perhaps try changing the setting to the "high low high" or something similiar - not sure quite how it's worded.
November 14, 2013 01:28PM
Printrbot does not support reset on dtr toggle. That's why you get problems. On windows you can set it to disables, so the host does not wait for the "start" message after a reset. Not beeing able to reset the boards means it could be in a bad communication state when connecting.

What should work in any case (including mac) is pressing the reset button after starting the connection. I will see that I add the "disabled" option in the next mac version as well.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 15, 2013 07:06PM
repetier
What should work in any case (including mac) is pressing the reset button after starting the connection.

Unfortunately, pressing the reset button after connecting disconnects the printer (not sure why). Do you think it's a possibility that my Printrboard is screwy?

EDIT: In the new version of Mac, can you also add a way to delete printer configurations?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 07:41PM by spaceorange12.
November 16, 2013 02:51AM
You can already delete configurations. It is the delete button right to the "Add" button where you select configurations.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
November 16, 2013 11:14AM
Yes, I see the button. I meant to say that it does not work properly in my case, it turns blue when clicked but does not delete the configuration.
November 16, 2013 11:20AM
Oops - you are right. It has no function. Will update that immediately, so it will work in the next release.

November 16, 2013 11:30AM
I hate to be impatient, but can you update it soon? My mom's birthday is in a few days, and I want to give her a cool 3D printed gift smiling smiley
November 16, 2013 11:36AM
In that case you should use the windows version. It may take still a while until the next mac version is ready.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login