Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Firmware Configuration Tool

Posted by repetier 
Repetier-Firmware Configuration Tool
December 31, 2013 05:02AM
Along with the newly released version 0.91 of Repetier-Firmware, we also developed a new configuration tool. You find it here: http://www.repetier.com/firmware/v091/

It is planned to simplify configuration and also makes later updates much easier. The idea is to store the configuration in a json string which is embedded in the configuration.h. So after you are finished with configuration, you download the resulting firmware with your configuration or only the changed Configuration.h and store it. If you later want to change things, you upload the Configuration.h file and start with the last settings.

I had some successfull tests so I hope it useable for all. If you have ideas or bugs,please report them so I can make configuration as easy as possible.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Repetier-Firmware Configuration Tool
January 03, 2014 09:49PM
Hello!
I found issues related to the second extruder.

1. When I select "Temp 2" as a temperature sensor pin, the output is "#define EXT1_TEMPSENSOR_PIN TEMP_0_PIN".
2. When I input something into "Select commands" and nothing into "Deselect commands", "Select commands" is copied to "Deselect commands" in the config.h.

I would appreciate it if you could fix these issues.

Best,
Nexus7fun
January 04, 2014 03:58AM
@ Nexus7fun Thanks for the bug info. It is now fixed. Simply upload you latest config and download again to correct it.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
January 04, 2014 07:34AM
I just tested v.091 and the new configuration tool and compared it with the manually edited setup for v0.83.
The thermocouple sensors only give half the value of the old (and working) setup.
Both extruder and heatbed show values that change but are half of the expected ones.

The setup:
Azteeg X3
AD 8495 sensors
analog pins 4 and 11

As a beginner in 3D printing (but with many years in electronics) I think your software is really good.
The configuration tool is a great idea, specially for those that find electronics/software a bit confusing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2014 07:34AM by Dala.horse.
January 04, 2014 08:09AM
Yes, there is a break missing in extruder.cpp at line 683 it should look like
    case 60: // AD8495 (Delivers 5mV/degC vs the AD595's 10mV)
        currentTemperatureC = ((float)currentTemperature * 1000.0f/(1024<<(2-ANALOG_REDUCE_BITS)));
        break;

without the break you get 50%. Will be fixed together with some other things in the next update.

January 04, 2014 08:52AM
Ohhh... you are really quick to respond. Much appreciated!!!
January 04, 2014 01:08PM
So manual changes to configuration.h settiings no longer get built into the firmware when you compile in Arduino?
I'm a little handicapped because my 3d printer box is down in the basement with no internet access, so if I have to go to the website to make changes to the configuration file it will make things quite a bit more difficult for me. I'll have to put the config file on a thumb drive, upload onto a different computer, make changes, download, transfer back via thumb drive, then compile.
On the other hand it's great that you are simplifying the configuration for people. I'm probably in the minority with an ofline 3D printer computer.
January 04, 2014 01:16PM
You can still make changes manually. But you should be aware that Configuration.h now contains data twice. The top part is for the firmware to compile and is what gets used. At the bottom is an embedded json string with the configuration data as used in the online configurator. If you upload it to the configurator it takes only the json string, so if you reexport a config it is based on these data throwing away your manual changes in the top part. If you always change json and top part in parallel you lose no data on reconfiguration. You will see the names used are mostly self explanatory, only make sure not to destroy the format integrity or uploading will silently fail.

January 04, 2014 01:20PM
I see. Sounds good.

Thanks
Bryan
January 04, 2014 02:14PM
I have been away from my printer (makerfarm Prusa i2 + Printrboard + Rep-FW v0.71) for quite some time. I received a new j-head for xmas so I am trying to update my software and machine a bit. I feel like I did the first day I had the machine since I have forgotten so much, lol..

I went to the tool, started inputting values while looking in my current FW v0.71 and soon became nervous I was pulling the wrong values.. In time I will have it all sorted but it could be quicker for noobs (referring to myself here).

This is just a suggestion, I don’t know if it’s even possible with all the flavors of FW out there. Is there a way you could add clues for dummies like myself, lol. For example "STEPPER_INACTIVE_TIME" next to the "Disable steppers after inactivity of" line.

edit/added:
I just downloaded the "Download complete firmware incl. these settings" then went to open it with Arduino 0022 and there is no .pde file included, when I try to open the "Repetier.ino" I get an error "bad file selected"

edit again, lol:
I think I answered my own question.. "Repetier.ino" opens in Arduino 0022 if I change the file extention to ".pde"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2014 10:00PM by 6of1.
January 04, 2014 04:09PM
Repetier-Firmware configuration tool
how to activate the function: DELTA_HOME_ON_POWER

Thanks
January 04, 2014 08:52PM
Thank you very much for your swift response!
January 05, 2014 02:23AM
I have tried this great configuration tool and downloaded final version from this.
However if I try to import the configuration file to configuration tool again, my changes are lost.
What do I do wrong? The JSON additions are present in file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 02:24AM by justcurious.
January 05, 2014 03:13AM
@maralb Will add power on home support in the next revision coming soon with firmware update.

@justcurious For testing I would need your Configuration.h . You can test json validity at [jsonlint.com] by copy and paste the string. Perhaps you have included some characters that are illegal, but can't say without the code.

January 05, 2014 04:14AM
Configuration file attached. File has been modified with Arduino IDE and compiled succesfully and run sofar ok but fail to upload with changes to configuration tool.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (18.6 KB)
January 05, 2014 05:36AM
Ok, just updated online tool and added some firmware fixes and new displays.

@justcurious Your file could get uploaded without problems. Only with Windows Explorer it might have failed due to a debug message whcih only works in debug mode in exporer, but who uses it anyway:-) In any case I removed these messages now. If there is a message missing update let me know, but in general it changed the values before I uploaded your config, so I assume it works.

January 05, 2014 05:59AM
Sounds strange..
Do I have to do something special?
I select stored configuration.h and press NEXT. (windows explorer)
Browser asks me what to do with config.php store/open.
I open and some old configuration show onscreen and old settings gone with the wind.
weird...
I can of course set these values manually, but that was not the idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 06:00AM by justcurious.
January 05, 2014 06:48AM
Ok, I see it does not work with explorer. Please use a good browser and it will work. Explorer is not working, so use Google chrome instead.

January 05, 2014 07:05AM
Ok thanks.
That might explain my bad experience....

Edit:
Ok that made the difference, thankyou grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 07:09AM by justcurious.
January 05, 2014 10:09AM
for version 0.91 Rev 2
have compilation error!!
What I wrong

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 10:11AM by maralb.
January 05, 2014 10:54AM
Please post the configuration.h so we can test. Looks like SENSITIVE_PINS was not set correctly, but don't know whats inside only that my configs worked.

January 05, 2014 11:04AM
here it is
thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (19.1 KB)
January 05, 2014 11:33AM
maralb
here it is
thanks

You simply had a bad timing. You started before I updated and finished after I did, so your export had invalid data for x/y/z endstop pins. Find attached the corrected version. Please reload your browser if you use the configurator again.

Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (19.1 KB)
January 05, 2014 12:06PM
repetier
maralb
here it is
thanks

You simply had a bad timing. You started before I updated and finished after I did, so your export had invalid data for x/y/z endstop pins. Find attached the corrected version. Please reload your browser if you use the configurator again.

I did not think to set even the unused pins of endstop
Thanks Thanks
January 18, 2014 09:25PM
after upgrading to the latest host and firmware, my min-max positions were inverted. I was able to fix this in the config tool, but the endstops are all inverted and I cannot seem to resolve this. I noted that in config H the endstop perameters still have true false designations , but changing these did not seem to matter.
January 19, 2014 08:11AM
@lowres Sorry, but I can't follow you. What pas wrong min/length position or endstop settings or homing direction? What did you enter and what did you expect? Maybe a screenshot of the settings you mean?

January 19, 2014 10:28AM
Sorry, I am not sure what screen shot to show, but let me try and explain:
* I prefer my home position for XY to be left front.
* this would place my X min endstop on the left and the X max endstop on the right
* the Y min stop should be to the front and the Y max endstop to the back
* in prvious versions I had my machine set up this way
* after upgrading it was all reversed, though I am fairly sure I entered everything properly in the config tool
* I was able to invert the XY homing to the front left (instead right rear) via the config tool
* I have not been able to invert/reverse the endstops

Endstop settings in cnfig H:
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_X_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_X_MIN_INVERTING true
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_X true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Y_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_Y_MIN_INVERTING true
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Y true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Z_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING true
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Z true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_X_MAX true
#define ENDSTOP_X_MAX_INVERTING true
#define MAX_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_X true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Y_MAX true
#define ENDSTOP_Y_MAX_INVERTING true
#define MAX_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Y true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Z_MAX true
#define ENDSTOP_Z_MAX_INVERTING true
#define MAX_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Z true
#define max_software_endstop_r true

#define min_software_endstop_x false
#define min_software_endstop_y false
#define min_software_endstop_z false
#define max_software_endstop_x false
#define max_software_endstop_y false
#define max_software_endstop_z false
#define ENDSTOP_X_BACK_MOVE 5
#define ENDSTOP_Y_BACK_MOVE 5
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_MOVE 1
#define ENDSTOP_X_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 3
#define ENDSTOP_Y_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 3
#define ENDSTOP_Z_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 3
#define ENDSTOP_X_BACK_ON_HOME 1
#define ENDSTOP_Y_BACK_ON_HOME 1
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME 1
#define ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS 1

// ################# XYZ movements ###################

#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define DISABLE_X 0
#define DISABLE_Y 0
#define DISABLE_Z 0
#define DISABLE_E 0
#define INVERT_X_DIR 1
#define INVERT_Y_DIR 1
#define INVERT_Z_DIR 0
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1
#define X_MAX_LENGTH 210
#define Y_MAX_LENGTH 170
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH 80
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
January 19, 2014 10:34AM
Since you have 6 endstops I guess your homing direction was 1 instead of -1 which you wanted. I have retested that function and it works as supposed to changing between 1 and -1. So I guess you misinterpreted the description.

January 19, 2014 11:04AM
I failed to define -1, 1 and 0, where zero is off, I assume.
I appreciate your help. Can you clarify:
Are the true false settings for the end stops defined in the config tool? if so how?
what is the function of:
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define DISABLE_X 0
#define DISABLE_Y 0
#define DISABLE_Z 0

is the zero inthe following an absolute or a switch. In other words, could it be 10, 50, 200, -40?
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0

Thanks
January 19, 2014 11:08AM
X_ENABLE_ON are 0/1 or true / false what you like.

X_MIN_POS is the coordinate you want when home to x min. So if it is -10 from your plate origin you might want to set it -10 moving the origin on the bed.
x max would be X_MIN_POS + X_LENGTH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login