Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 Extruder problem

Posted by Xabbax 
3 Extruder problem
January 14, 2014 08:57AM
Thank you for the wonderfull piece of software that you share with us.

I am using Repetier-Firmware configuration tool for version 0.91 Rev 4 and the latest Repetier host software V0.95E on a delta printer (with RUMBA board). I want to run 3 extruders(filamentfeeders) into one heaterblok with one nozzle. In the pins.h file I changed the HEATER_2_PIN and HEATER_3 _PIN to HEATER_0_PIN value of 2 and the TEMP_2_PIN and the TEMP_3_PIN to the TEMP_0_PIN of 15. Previously was able to do it with 2 extruders but with the three I have the following problem.

With the firmware loaded (I can set the temperatures for all three extruders and extrude all three with Repetier Host but on the RepRapDiscount smartcontroller only the temperatures of the first two extruders are visible.

On the smartcontroller I can only select and extrude with the first two Extruders.(extruder0 and extuder1)
If you select the second(shown as extruder1) or the third(which is shown as extruder1) both are highlighted and only number two(extruder1) can be used to extrude
Edit: When I select the last extruder in Repetier Host there are none selected in the smartcontroller boxes.

Any help will be appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 10:29AM by Xabbax.
Re: 3 Extruder problem
January 15, 2014 01:59AM
I attached the configuration.h and pins.h files if that can help.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (23.8 KB)
open | download - pins.h (51.8 KB)
January 15, 2014 06:31AM
The uimenu is only configured for up to 2 extruder. While more extruder work, the menu needs some modifications if you have such an extruder. I'm not sure if a selector for a 3rd extruder is implemented, but that is easy to change. For visualizing the temps there are already strings to show all temps, but you need to modify the structure to include it.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 15, 2014 08:00AM
Thank you for the quick response. Although I can help myself to a certain extend with programming I am at mercy here for someone with greater knowledge to help me here. Will the sellers of the smartcontrollers please help out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 15, 2014 10:09PM
The menu system is very flexible and easy to modify. You will need to edit uimenu.h which has some instructions in it. You can choose to modify the current "page3" and add the 3rd extruder line or even add a new page, look at the top of the file there is a lot of information you can potentially display.

In UIMenu.h you will need to scroll down to around line 178 (in my v0.91) which looks like
UI_PAGE4(ui_page3,UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER1,
 #if NUM_EXTRUDER>1
   UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER2
 #else
   ""
 #endif
 #if HAVE_HEATED_BED==true
  ,UI_TEXT_PAGE_BED
 #else
  ,""
 #endif
 ,"%os");

Looking at you screenshot above i assume you dont have a heated bed, so you could simply add the line where the heated bed temp would otherwise be shown. If you look in uilang.h you can see the definition:
#define UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER1     "E1:%e0/%E0\002C\176%o0"

you can then add a new definition (in uilang.h) to look like:
#define UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER3     "E3:%e2/%E2\002C\176%o2"

Then you can change the first code block above (in uimenu.h) to look something like (with all the #if etc removed):
UI_PAGE4(ui_page3,UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER1,UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER2, UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER3  ,"%os");

Just alter it to suit you needs, if you want to add another page just follow the examples in the file.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 10:12PM by sdavi.
January 16, 2014 07:38AM
@sdavi - Thank you for the help. Will try and get it to work - if not will certainly get back here. It is not so easy if you do not work with code on a regular basis.
January 17, 2014 06:41AM
Thank you Repetier for the hard work and quick response to queries.thumbs upsmileys with beergrinning smileygrinning smiley I got my first prints from the hotend with the 3 colour feeder and one heaterblock. From the software side I still need to get the smartcontroller problem sorted but it is running direct from Repetier Host without problems.thumbs upgrinning smiley
January 17, 2014 07:07AM
Amazing creativity.thumbs up
Would you mind sharing with us a few pictures of your 3-colour feeder and maybe how you intend to use it?
January 17, 2014 08:44AM
Still a few small things to sort out but will most certainly post some pictures in the next week or two. I received so much from this forum and it will be a pleasure to share some ideas.
January 19, 2014 01:51AM

This issue sorted out
In the uimenu.h replaced the following line

#define UI_MENU_EXTCOND &ui_menu_ext_temp0,&ui_menu_ext_temp1,&ui_menu_ext_temp2,&ui_menu_ext_off0,&ui_menu_ext_off1,&ui_menu_ext_off2,
&ui_menu_ext_sel0,&ui_menu_ext_sel1,&ui_menu_ext_sel1,

with

#define UI_MENU_EXTCOND &ui_menu_ext_temp0,&ui_menu_ext_temp1,&ui_menu_ext_temp2,&ui_menu_ext_off0,&ui_menu_ext_off1,&ui_menu_ext_off2,
&ui_menu_ext_sel0,&ui_menu_ext_sel1,&ui_menu_ext_sel2,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 01:54AM by Xabbax.
January 19, 2014 02:02AM
sdavi
The menu system is very flexible and easy to modify. You will need to edit uimenu.h which has some instructions in it. You can choose to modify the current "page3" and add the 3rd extruder line or even add a new page, look at the top of the file there is a lot of information you can potentially display.

In UIMenu.h you will need to scroll down to around line 178 (in my v0.91) which looks like
UI_PAGE4(ui_page3,UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER1,
 #if NUM_EXTRUDER>1
   UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER2
 #else
   ""
 #endif
 #if HAVE_HEATED_BED==true
  ,UI_TEXT_PAGE_BED
 #else
  ,""
 #endif
 ,"%os");

Looking at you screenshot above i assume you dont have a heated bed, so you could simply add the line where the heated bed temp would otherwise be shown. If you look in uilang.h you can see the definition:
#define UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER1     "E1:%e0/%E0\002C\176%o0"

you can then add a new definition (in uilang.h) to look like:
#define UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER3     "E3:%e2/%E2\002C\176%o2"

Then you can change the first code block above (in uimenu.h) to look something like (with all the #if etc removed):
UI_PAGE4(ui_page3,UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER1,UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER2, UI_TEXT_PAGE_EXTRUDER3  ,"%os");

Just alter it to suit you needs, if you want to add another page just follow the examples in the file.

Thank you. Issue sorted out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login