Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

repetier: stops randomly

Posted by Darki 
Re: repetier: stops randomly
March 09, 2014 01:44PM
Just wanted to report that I've been using v0.91 rev6 for a while now and it seems to be fully stable now!

Great work, whatever the magic was that fixed it smiling smiley
May 12, 2014 03:04AM
im having same problem here as well. Total newby and frustrated. I bought this from some one local to me in Toronto and it worked great for him. No such problem and he is trying to help me figure it out. I have it hooked to my desktop with the same usb cable he was using as well as all the parameters for repetier, slic3r, the only difference is the arduino software that I downloaded. The printer has to be unplugged from the usb on the computer before shutdown otherwise it will automatically restart with a blue screen, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER, error and then start up on its own. If I unplug the printer this doesn't happen. Also I did a 5 hour print the night before, but continually, every 15 - 20 minutes would move the part around on screen in repetier to see if It would then make it through and it did. All the prints that have finished I have done this with and the ones that have stopped I haven't? I will try the same failed print again today while trying the moving of the mouse in the program and see if it works and also using my laptop to print and see if it works. Again the only thing that has changed since getting it is the arduino software and the usb bugcode thing. Sorry for the anti techy write up lol, Im learning tho, ThanksBob
May 12, 2014 03:25AM
What board do you have that it can cause blue screens? Arduinos use FTDI driver or standard windows driver only configured with special inf for recognicion.

Also what host are you using? Sound like some sleep mechanism has an effect on your stopping. 0.95 should prevent sleep mode on windows computers while printing.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 12, 2014 04:44PM
mega 2650, I think I have done something wrong with the install, at least that's what I think as per the blue screen lol. Im just about to try the same print on my laptop, any help is greatly appreciated. So far I am impressed at the level of help with this hobby, there is no end of input from all you fellow 3d guys and gals, thanks
May 27, 2014 01:09PM
i just bought a printer based on prusa i3 but chinese clone. i changed FW to my modified marlin. using repertier as controller. it also hanged randomly but i figure out something with noise and mains switching or spike. my solution is power the mcu from USB (PC) by changing jumper on board, but all motors and heater are still from built in printer's SMPS PSU. the usb cable i wind around a ferrite core at melzi board (printer) end (reading advice from net about this type of symptom), it also has built in ferrite as PC end. immunity improved, tested by switching my floru light many times. currently testing a 9 hours print (@7/88 now). original setup PSU, every floro light switching on test, it failed almost everytime. i'll cross my finger.
CBA
May 27, 2014 10:45PM
Hi,

My printer was printing fine, but today it has come to stand still too. I'm using the SD card. When the printer stops printing (happens randomly), appears below the LCD "SD Card Error".

What I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks.
November 26, 2016 04:43PM
Hi, I know this is an old topic, but it is something that is happening to my printers presently. To my understanding, this is still an open issue (and please point me to the solution if it is not).

I have 3 printers running nearly 24hrs/day, and am able to mix and match different components to determine causal factors. Presently I'm focusing on hardware. My printers run 120V on the HBP through an SSR, and 24VDC PS running RAMPS1.4/arduino mega. Mega and LCD are powered from a 24 to 6.25V step-down regulator and reprapdiscount smart LCD controller/sd card. Repetier firmware 1.0.0dev.

I have been running 2 similar printers for over a year without this issue. I have recently made changes to the power circuit which *should* not change anything.

Now the SD read error happens quite regularly to one printer, rarely on another, and never on the last printer. All printers have roughly the same hardware, with a few minor exceptions in supplier. The printer that has never failed has a FAT-16 2GB SD card and shorter ID cables than the other 2 printers. On the printer where the issue occurs on average about every 5hrs of print time (the most frequent), I have replaced the RAMPS1.4, LCD, and SDcard, plus moved ID cables away from 120V circuits in an effort to solve this issue, which have not. I will soon run the failing printer with the following changes (one change at a time), to get to the bottom of this:
1) shorter LCD ID cables
2) try non-failing LCD in failing printer
3) no HBP power
4) FAT-16 formatted memory card (present cards are FAT-32
5) circuit changes to LCD

Thanks,
Jared
November 26, 2016 04:44PM
...Following topic
November 27, 2016 10:05PM
Well, the first thing on the list solved the problem. Shorter cables. There's a chance it could have been bad cables, twice...a lot of Chinese suppliers seem to not have the IDC crimp tool for the connector. Let's see if a perfectly crimped long ribbon cable fails...
November 29, 2016 10:40PM
I suppose I'm commenting to myself here, but maybe someone will read this in the future:

I believe I've isolated the issue to the length of the LCD ribbon cables. Nothing to do with interference (shielding) that I can tell (I tried to create interference in a shorter cable but it would not fail). Perfectly crimped 12" IDC cables have communication errors "SD read error" in Repetier v1.0.0dev. 8" cables have SD errors (just 1 I've seen in 50hrs print time), but fewer. 6" and shorter no errors that I've seen.

I guess if the LCD SD circuit was designed properly this wouldn't happen. Is there anything in Repetier programming that could help longer cables work better?

-Jared
November 30, 2016 02:42AM
Maybe longer cables need a terminator at lcd shield.

Only software solution I could think of is using slower spi speed.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 30, 2016 02:11PM
Thanks for the response! I don't suppose changing the SPI speed is a simple setting in the arduino dev or repetier.com menu's?
January 08, 2019 07:11AM
Temp sd card = FAILURE
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login