Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GCodePrintr & Repetier Firmware

Posted by mdietz 
GCodePrintr & Repetier Firmware
February 25, 2014 04:37PM
Hi,

I am the developer of GCodePrintr, an Android App to control 3D printers.
While GCodePrintr works fine with Sprinter, Marlin or Makibox firmwares, it seems to have problems with the repetier firmware.
It seems to connect successfully, but when sending a gcode to the printer it disconnects. Trying to reconnect it just gets "Resend" response from the printer.

Is there anything special with repetier firmware which the host software must consider ?

Thanks

Mathias

GCodePrintr Homepage
Re: GCodePrintr & Repetier Firmware
March 01, 2014 05:16AM
Do you include checksums in your send commands?
Also it is a good idea to start with M110 so you are using the same line numbering as the firmware. A mismatch caused by missing reset will have the resend as result.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 04, 2014 05:23PM
Mdietz, were you able to get this working. I see your app on the store but I wanted check with you on if this works with the Repetier firmware first.

Thanks
March 07, 2014 05:00PM
@repetier,
thanks for the answer. I do not send checksums yet, therefore the line number shouldnt matter. I found a problem with how I handle the "wait" response and "G28 Z" works with Marlin but repetier fw complains (now I use G28 Z0 instead)

@Cyrus104, I did some improvements in the latest version V1.59. Let me know if you run into problems.

Thanks

Mathias
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login