Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host Screen Resolution

Posted by cyrus104 
Repetier Host Screen Resolution
March 04, 2014 05:32PM
I have been playing around with putting Repetier Host on smaller linux / ubuntu systems that have smaller screens. I wanted to check if there is any possibility of have scale-able graphics for the program. Night and day difference but something similar to Pronterface's new option of different layouts like tabbed or compact.

I am also looking at option of getting my screen resolution up but that will require equipment redesign.

If this is possible what would an ideal minimum display resolution being. I'm currently using some devices with 480x272 but really looking to get it up to 480×800 possibly higher.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Repetier Host Screen Resolution
March 05, 2014 06:48AM
No that is not possible. It uses WinForms for compatibility with XP and there is no scale possibility. So all buttons are always that fixed size. The only thing you can do is disable toolbar labels, so you get more space vertically. For really small screens you need our upcoming server solution, which runs in a browser and optimizes layout based on device width.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 05, 2014 07:02AM
Ok, thanks for looking into that. Based on the panels and windows used what is the smallest number of pixels I could get away with to run a version of Host.
March 05, 2014 11:07AM
The smallest resultion without loosing functionality is 708x498 pixel for the main window on a windows system. The printer settings needs around 600pixel in height. So the minimum standard resolution to work is 800x600 pixel. Which is a resulution all desktops today beat. And it was designed as a desktop tool.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login