Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Generated G-Code not found???

Posted by eroderz 
Generated G-Code not found???
March 10, 2014 07:11PM
When i updated to V0.95F, and i try slicing a file that ive loaded, I get an error saying
Generated G-Code Not found
"i could not find the generated G-Code file.

Possible reasons
-The slicer had an error and did't finish slicing. check log output
-the sliver stored the file with an unexpected filename

Help please!!! I didnt have this problem with the last version...
Re: Generated G-Code not found???
March 11, 2014 04:23AM
Check your log! Normally it means slic3r did stop without writing the file due to some wrong settings or other errors and they are written down in the log window. If you overwrite slic3r settings, these may also be in the host tab defined (most often layer height to heigh).

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
April 09, 2014 12:13AM
I chased my tail a bit after updating to the latest version with this problem spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. Under "kill slicing" simply click on "manager" and set up your directories in user-appdata-local-repetier if you are using windows. Loving the software though. Keep at it Rep.smoking smiley
Edit- updating this post from yesterday. If you get sloppy with your updates and overwrites (like I did) it can create some issues. This error message can result from inadvertently deleting or moving g-code from the appdata for files you have previously sliced (with slic3r in my case) in Repetier and are attempting to slice again. I haven't figured out how to get around that but renaming the file doesn't work. Perhaps someone will come along with the answer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2014 10:24PM by Bill Clark.
April 10, 2014 06:17AM
Thanks Bill, was scratching my head about that one!
June 20, 2014 03:05PM
After an upgrade from 85c to 95f, I can't get past a "Generated G-Code Not Found" error. 85c had been working just fine over many prints.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 on a Sandy Bridge laptop.

During a slicing attempt, the Slic3r progress bar shows some progress, but then crashes.

I tried running on another machine and get the same error. Could be I've done something dumb on both. Anyway ...

The repetier.log file shows this.

==============================================
< 15:51:56.654 : OpenGL version:3.0 Mesa 8.0.4
< 15:51:56.654 : OpenGL extensions:GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax

Snip

GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_ARB_robustness GL_EXT_transform_feedback
< 15:51:56.654 : OpenGL renderer:Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
< 15:51:56.655 : Using fast VBOs for rendering is possible
< 15:52:10.713 : Starting object analyser ...
< 15:52:10.721 : Points:760
< 15:52:10.721 : Edges:2274
< 15:52:10.721 : Faces:1516
< 15:52:10.721 : Shells:1
< 15:52:10.721 : Object is manifold.
< 15:52:10.722 : Analysing finished.
< 15:52:24.145 : Slic3r command:/home/kent/RepRap/RepetierHost/Slic3r/slic3r.pl --load "/home/kent/RepRap/RepetierHost/slic3r.ini" --print-center 55,55 -o "/home/kent/RepRap/RepetierHost/composition.gcode" "/home/kent/RepRap/RepetierHost/composition.obj"
< 15:52:24.422 : => Processing triangulated mesh
< 15:52:24.471 : => Generating perimeters
< 15:52:24.828 : => Detecting solid surfaces
< 15:52:24.886 : => Preparing infill surfaces
< 15:52:24.889 : => Detect bridges
< 15:52:24.897 : => Generating horizontal shells
< 15:52:24.920 : => Combining infill
< 15:52:24.921 : => Infilling layers
< 15:52:25.112 : Thread 3 terminated abnormally: Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /home/kent/RepRap/RepetierHost/Slic3r/lib/Slic3r/Flow.pm line 18.
< 15:52:25.224 : Thread 4 terminated abnormally: Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /home/kent/RepRap/RepetierHost/Slic3r/lib/Slic3r/Flow.pm line 18.
======================================================

Line 18 of .../Slic3r/lib/Slic3r/Flow.pm is the 'if' statement, below.
=====================================================================

sub BUILD {
my $self = shift;

if ($self->width =~ /^(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)%$/) {
$self->_set_width($self->layer_height * $1 / 100);
}
$self->_set_width($self->_build_width) if $self->width == 0; # auto
}
=========================

I've tried setting the configuration to factory defaults. No go. Tried a reboot. Same. Tried replacing Slic3r with a new copy from Slic3r.org. Ditto.

I even tried loading 90D and then 85c again. 90D worked for awhile. I changed the working directory, then changed it back again and it stopped working too.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
June 21, 2014 02:55AM
the reason no gcode was found is a crash of Slic3r. As I'm not the
author of Slic3r I don't know what exactly happens there. I would
suggest downloading the latest 1.0 Slic3r binary release from Slic3r and
use that for slicing. Building your own slic3r as done in the host
config is a hard process that largely depends on the right versions of
30 libraries.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
June 23, 2014 12:09AM
Thank you, repetier.

I tried downloading and using the latest stable version--1.01. It had the same results: a slic3r crash at the same place.
At the same time, I got a 'System Program Failure notice. It was perl. So I purged perl (and those programs that depended on it) and reinstalled it.
I tried running the Slic3r app from a different location. Same results.
Tried using the installDebianDependencies and got this (clipped to where the failures start)

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
build-essential is already the newest version.

snip

Time::HiRes is up to date. (1.9726)
XML:confused smileyAX::ExpatXS is up to date. (1.33)
--> Working on SMUELLER/ExtUtils-ParseXS-3.18_04.tar.gz
Fetching [www.cpan.org] ... FAIL
Cleaning up build files
Cleaning up configuration files
--> Working on ./xs
Configuring /home/kent/RepRap/RepetierHost/Slic3r/xs ... OK
Building and testing Slic3r-XS-0.01 ... OK
Successfully installed Slic3r-XS-0.01
1 distribution installed
t/angles.t ........... ok
t/arcs.t ............. skipped: arcs are currently disabled
t/clean_polylines.t .. ok
t/clipper.t .......... ok
t/collinear.t ........ ok
t/combineinfill.t .... ok
t/cooling.t ..........
Failed 3/11 subtests
t/custom_gcode.t ..... ok
t/dynamic.t .......... skipped: variable-width paths are currently disabled
t/fill.t .............
Failed 3/34 subtests
t/gcode.t ............
Failed 5/6 subtests
t/geometry.t ......... ok
t/layers.t ...........
Failed 4/4 subtests
t/loops.t ............ skipped: temporarily disabled
t/multi.t ............
Failed 1/1 subtests
t/perimeters.t ....... ok
t/polyclip.t ......... ok
t/print.t ............ ok
t/retraction.t .......
Failed 16/16 subtests
t/shells.t ...........
Failed 12/12 subtests
t/skirt_brim.t .......
Failed 2/2 subtests
t/slice.t ............ skipped: temporarily disabled
t/support.t ..........
Failed 2/14 subtests
t/svg.t .............. ok
t/threads.t ..........
Failed 1/2 subtests
t/vibrationlimit.t ... ok

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/cooling.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 8 Failed: 0)
Non-zero wait status: 139
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 11 tests but ran 8.
t/fill.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 31 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 34 tests but ran 31.
t/gcode.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 1 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 6 tests but ran 1.
t/layers.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 4 tests but ran 0.
t/multi.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 1 tests but ran 0.
t/retraction.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 16 tests but ran 0.
t/shells.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 12 tests but ran 0.
t/skirt_brim.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 2 tests but ran 0.
t/support.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 12 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 14 tests but ran 12.
t/threads.t (Wstat: 139 Tests: 1 Failed: 0)
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 2 tests but ran 1.
Files=26, Tests=175, 19 wallclock secs ( 0.14 usr 0.05 sys + 20.62 cusr 0.67 csys = 21.48 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Some tests failed. Please report the failure to the author!
App::cpanminus is up to date. (1.7004)
OpenGL is up to date. (0.6703)
Wx is up to date. (0.9923)
Wx::GLCanvas is up to date. (0.09)
June 23, 2014 03:16AM
Perhaps you should post this in the Slic3r forum group here. There you should get better resp. more support for Slic3r issues.

June 24, 2014 01:28PM
This: Generated G-Code not found??? is so strange. It can come from so many unrelated reasons. I wish the Slic3r people would come up with a debugging routine.
I was able to clear my "Gererated G-Code Not Found by scaling down the object to 0,75 from 1. Then it would to finish slicing with no error box. Some people say maybe the raft
around the object was too big going outside the size of the print bed. This was not the case at all. The object was well within the printer configuration. And then another model about the same shape and size of the first one would slice fine. For me, all of these problems always happen in Linux, never in Windows 7, sad to say! . I've tried Mint 14, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and Xubuntu 14.04 LTS. The forums are full of possible answers. None work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 01:31PM by donde.
June 24, 2014 06:38PM
Because I found the same problems on two another Linux boxes I'm using, and because of the complaints from the testing of the perl code from cpan (See Test Summary Report above), I'm guessing that there's a perl bug. Maybe it's specific to Linux (All my boxes are Linux). Very strange, though, as the one machine has been printing using Slic3r and Repetier for months. Caution to me: "Watch out for upgrades."
June 24, 2014 10:03PM
Do you think my other problem in slic3r of no responce from clicking Configure is related? I would like to at least get that fixed, but not sure where to start.
June 24, 2014 10:52PM
What OS are you running when you have these problems?

I'm beginning to wonder whether it wasn't an update of Ubuntu 12.04 (kernel 3.2.0-57) that had an effect on Slic3r.
Maybe Mono? Perl?
The laptop I use for development stays off the Internet. It hadn't been updated for months.
Then I had an _unrelated_ problem that turned out to be fixable by just tuning the EEPROM settings in my Printrboard.
Problems began after a distro update and meanwhile, an upgrade to RepetierHost 95F from 85C. (Failures with Slic3r module testing while the download from cpan was in progress, as well as the "Generated G-Code ..." error).

I just brought alive an older box that had a month or two old Ubuntu 12.04 (kernel 3.2.0-60). Repetier loaded fine, No problems in the testing that gets done with cpan modules used with Slic3r.

And it slices.

_But_ I get no infill. Likely another problem. I do some looking around.
June 24, 2014 11:32PM
Right now I'm using Xubuntu 14.04 LTS. RepetierHost is 0.95F. About a week ago, I tried Mint 14. Mint worked, but only got the infamous error Generated G-code Not Found. I could clear error by just reducing the scale from 1 to 0.75. But, sometimes a model would fit fine with no error, and it was about the same size. But now in Xubuntu I can't even Configure in slic3r. The other tabs seem to work. Man, I hate to say it, but Windows 7 "just works". It's really sad for the development of Repetier was most likely in Linux. I guess we should be asking:
Which Linux distro "just works" with the latest RepetierHost? smiling smiley A new RepetierHost Beta version 1.0 is out for Windows. The Linux version is not out yet. Or maybe it won't come out. Or maybe if it does come out for Linux, we'll have to pay for it! This is enough to drive one to start drinking!
June 25, 2014 11:19AM
You should distinguish between the host and slic3r. the host is not the part having problems, it is the slic3r that stops unexpected. You might try the binary from slic3r.org which may have some dependencies compiled in. If the right runtime. libraries are available it should work. But that is the typical problem with linux fragmentatin. For a few percentage of users you have 50 different distros. And that is the part making slic3r so difficult to install correctly.

The host gets developed on windows, which is why there are no linux binaries so far. Once finished i hope everthing works with mono as well. if so i will also publish a linux versionp with the curaengine also included.

June 25, 2014 02:26PM

The host gets developed on windows, which is why there are no linux binaries so far. Once finished i hope everthing works with mono as well. if so i will also publish a linux versionp with the curaengine also included.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I think I'll wait for the new Linux version of RepetierHost, hopefully showing an example of how to install in Linux, especially recent versions of Ubuntu or Xubuntu.
June 26, 2014 08:15PM
Me too. I'll be very happy to get it.

I very much like working with RepetierHost. It's a winner.
June 27, 2014 01:55AM
didnt read the whole thread... but as repetier said, check the log directory in c:\documents and settings\\ (for winXP) i encountered 2 occasions of this.1st one is due to wrong setting/config of slic3r hence it quit or didnt produce output gcode, 2nd occasion is skeinforge outputting different output gcode file name to what repetier expects, i can find the gcode output in log dir, move it to another directory and manually load it. fwiw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login