Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved] Homing wrong direction

Posted by MrDoctorDIV 
[Solved] Homing wrong direction
May 08, 2014 02:55PM
Well while writing the post I was* going to post about endstop trouble I fixed it.
But I have another problem: when I move the axis manually through Repetier host they move in the proper direction, but the coordinate system is backwards so it homes in the wrong direction.
How do I change Repetier firmware to make the opposite side 0?

Solved- Simple answer, got it figured out[in the online config tool it gives the option to invert directions]. Printer works almost wonderfully. Just gotta manage to print a Lawsy extruder replacement and I'll be golden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 03:44PM by MrDoctorDIV.
Re: [Solved] Homing wrong direction
June 27, 2014 02:37AM
just to add this 1 month old thread. instead of software invertion, you can edit the printer firmware. i only can help in marlin verion since thats what i'm using.... in configuration.h, look for this line...

#define INVERT_X_DIR false // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

edit to your heart content, recompile in arduino ide and upload to your printer. everything should be good for any software host i guess, no need option->invert coordinate hassle. fwiw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login