Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slow display of 3d(not using opengl)

Posted by Metaldrgn 
Slow display of 3d(not using opengl)
June 14, 2014 04:55PM
So I have an older laptop running XP but it does have a 3d card that uses OpenGL Version 6.14.10.5819. It didn't work with 85b, but it did work with 95e I believe it was. When I installed 95f it was slow again and tells me I'm using version 1.1.0 which I've found on here means it isn't working and I erased the old setup file. What can I do to fix it?
Re: Slow display of 3d(not using opengl)
June 15, 2014 07:24AM
There is not OpenGL version 6.14.10.5819. I think that might by the driver version. 1.1 for an old xp laptop sounds more like the real version. But if that old opengl version has already vbo support you could set the host to use VBOs which is what the fast version uses if you have at least OpenGL 1.5. Only that version officially supports VBOs, but often such features are already supported in earlier versions.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 15, 2014 09:12PM
Why would it work with version 95e and not 95f though? OpenGL games work. Sisoft sandra says I have version 2.0 and 1.10 for shading version
June 16, 2014 02:35AM
0.95e had a different OpenTK version, but that did not work on inter cards so I switched back.

The host asks the version and if it says 1.1 it should not be able to do fast rendering. If it is indeed 2.0 switch drawing method to VBO in 3d settings and it will be fast again.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 27, 2014 02:29AM
same problem here... [forums.reprap.org] i figured out its not repetier fault (well it is for not using "older and compatible to all" opengl version rendering tongue sticking out smiley jk), problem solved when i updated my graphics card driver. from opengl 1.1.0, it jumped to opengl 2.1 something. fwiw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login