Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier f/w will not turn on extruder heater

Posted by kscharf 
Repetier f/w will not turn on extruder heater
June 15, 2014 04:10PM
I used the Repetier website wizard to develop my configuration.h. I'm using an Arduino Mega2560/RAMPS-1.4 hardware. Compiled with Arduino 1.05. I can't turn on the heater either from the LCD (reprap discount LCD panel with encoder), or from Repetier host. Just for grins, I also tried Marlin. Marlin DOES turn on the heater using the LCD panel or commanded by G-code from Repetier host. So the issue MUST be with Repetier firmware. I've attached my configuration.h file for Repetier, maybe someone can spot the error, I don't see it.

Maybe it has something to do with the way I've tried to select a user thermistor table (adapted from Marlin for a Honeywell part, #7 in Marlin)?
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (20.5 KB)
Re: Repetier f/w will not turn on extruder heater
June 16, 2014 02:59AM
What do you mean with " the way I've tried to select a user thermistor table ". You selected a predefined table. Do you get a temperature?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 16, 2014 10:04PM
Actually that's the weird part. The front panel shows the extruder off, and you can't seem to turn it on from the front panel. The temperature for the hot end displays as DEF / 0C.
On the other hand, when the printer is connected to repetier host, under manual control a temperature IS displayed for the hot end (was between 24C and 28C depending on room temperature). I can click on extruder on in host, I get no errors, but nothing happens on the printer. LED's remain off, temperature stays the same, no 12v power to the hot end.

If I load Marlin, I CAN turn on the hot end and melt plastic. This from either the front panel, or from Repetier host.
June 17, 2014 02:53AM
Ok a def makes sense. It means that one of the temp sensors send a temperature below or above the set defect temperature. Once such a temperature was measured, the firmware enforces dry run mode which does not allow heaters to go on. The host does never show def so you see the latest temerature there. I guess you have changed the embedded temperature table? Did you also change the values to the scale of the values to the one repetier uses? It would be easier to define a user defined table in config tool and enter temp/resistance in 10-20° steps from the thermistor datasheet. Thatw ay you are sure that the format is correct.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
June 17, 2014 11:16AM
I only made the changes shown in the configuration.h file that I included with my first post. I also tried building the firmware with the hot end sensor type set to 1 (default thermistor). Even with that the temp shows as DEF, yet the same wiring works on Marlin. Maybe my MIN temp is set wrong (is that in configuration.h?)
Does Repetier use a different sensor pin for extruder 0 than Marlin?

Oh on Marlin I think this parameter:
#define MIN_DEFECT_TEMPERATURE -10
was set to 5. Maybe the tables have an issue with negative numbers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 11:22AM by kscharf.
June 17, 2014 11:43AM
If you disable removing M105 requests you could ask
M105 X0
which would also give you the raw values read from the thermistor. That should give a good indication if you have the prong sensor pin. You can select the pins in the online tool. Not sure how they map to Marlin for each board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login