Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Host Graphics Performance

Posted by shafri 
Repetier-Host Graphics Performance
June 22, 2014 09:26PM
Please Repetier-Host i know you are free. But can you enable OpenGL or DirectX in Windows? for not crawling graphics. even my small model few layers slice only is crawling on my 2.6GHz machine. Please i hope you are listening.
Re: Repetier-Host Graphics Performance
June 23, 2014 02:51AM
The host uses OpenGl and is very fast if supported. In 3d settings you can set acceleration method and on startup you see in log what method is used. You need vBO for festest drawing.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 24, 2014 08:58PM
glad you reply. sorry whats the VBO? i can see the other softwares have no problem running OpenGL in my machine, no need VBO. i will be glad if you can provide the link, thanks.
June 25, 2014 03:38AM
Check the 3d settings in repetier. There is a combobox for visualization method which is normally set to automatic, which means it reads the versin number to set method. There is also the vbo option.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
June 25, 2014 07:59AM
i clicked VBO (fastest) the bottom status text saying "error drawing 3d view, unable to find entry point glGenBuffers in dll opengl32.dll". my opengl version is 1.1.0 i attached the snapshot of the error report. i only can select Arrays (medium) in draw method, but it still slow. fwiw, i'm using old WinXP sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 08:04AM by shafri.
Attachments:
open | download - err.jpg (282 KB)
June 25, 2014 11:12AM
Vbos are only available since opengl 1.5. So this is the reason why drawing is so slow.

June 27, 2014 01:30AM
now thank you this issue got into my attention. luckily i found out and installed later driver for my 6yrs old ati radeon hd4650, though it installed as hd4000, but now i'm at opengl 2.1.8870. VBO is now possible and repetier now render at satisfactory speed. thanks repertier and good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login