Repetier Firmware for SCARA
July 04, 2014 04:47AM
Hi. I am trying to modify the Repetier firmware for a SCARA 3D printer. Where should I start? Which files/functions that I will need to modify?
Any pointing is also greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Re: Repetier Firmware for SCARA
July 04, 2014 07:02AM
SCARA would be a bit like the delta version. So first you should understand how the delta code works. Then add a new DRIVE_SYSTEM and make a new transformation. Transformations are handled in motion.h/cpp First check how you can transform from cartesian position to your scara coordinate system. Here you need to remember that the firmware handles positions as multiple of steps. So you would e.g. say x-y have 100 steps per mm and then modify transformation, so that your resulting angles have enough precision.

You also need to write your own homing methods, since scara needs a different homing method. This is in printer.cpp.

Except these changes you might need some varables to define the geometry.

Biggest problem I see is speed. For printing you should reach 200 updates per second and sin/cos are very slow. So you need a good solution for this or use a due based board to have the computer power.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Repetier Firmware for SCARA
September 18, 2014 10:13AM
cool

Mein Club: [hackerspace-ffm.de]
RADDS-Shield -> Commercial [max3dshop.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login