Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host 0.95F broke somthing

Posted by clack 
Repetier Host 0.95F broke somthing
July 14, 2014 10:04AM
I was using it and did a few prints then when removing a file in the placement mode it closed itself. After restarting the program after a reboot it still does not work and I get the following message.

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsModeException: Requested GraphicsMode not available.
  at OpenTK.Platform.X11.X11GraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode (ColorFormat color, Int32 depth, Int32 stencil, Int32 samples, ColorFormat accum, Int32 buffers, Boolean stereo) [0x00000] in :0 
  at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode.LazySelectGraphicsMode () [0x00000] in :0 
  at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode.get_Index () [0x00000] in :0 
  at OpenTK.X11GLControl..ctor (OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode mode, System.Windows.Forms.Control control) [0x00000] in :0 
  at OpenTK.GLControlFactory.CreateGLControl (OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode mode, System.Windows.Forms.Control control) [0x00000] in :0 
  at OpenTK.GLControl.OnHandleCreated (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in :0

I uninstalled mono and mono-devel and re-installed repetier with the configuration script but no-matter what I do I still get this error. It WAS working so this makes it much tricier to work out. Does anyone have any suggestions wabout what I could do?

My system is Elementary OS luna ( basically Ubuntu repositories ) on a Samsung laptop with intel 4000 graphics card.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 10:08AM by clack.
Re: Repetier Host 0.95F broke somthing
July 14, 2014 01:53PM
The host needs a graphic mode with 24 or 32 bit color which offers double buffering to OpenGL. So either you have changed your display settings somehow or for some unknown reason the host now searches for a mode that does not exists (did you change antialias or something like that). In case it is a setting in the host, chech $HOME/.mono/...... there you find the repetier settings and removing/moving them causes a fresh initialization with default values.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Repetier Host 0.95F broke somthing
June 04, 2016 04:26AM
The same error here (Repetier Host v1.6.1, it isn't bound to the particular version). Determined by turning on antialias, fixed without loss of data/settings (without fresh initialization with default values).
Go to $HOME/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/repetier/3d, there is one file only - values.xml. Open it with your favorite text editor, find the entry antialiasing and change its value from 1 to 0(zero):
<value name="antiAliasing" 
type="int">0</value>

Probatum est.
IMHO the same procedure can be used if Requested GraphicsMode not available error is caused by changing another settings entry.

Perfection isn't little thing, but is made up of thousands of little things
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login