Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Host V1.00 RC2 Remarks

Posted by 2012bencormier 
Repetier-Host V1.00 RC2 Remarks
July 16, 2014 02:29PM
Hello, I am trying the new Repetier-Host V1.00 RC2 and I found three small thing that need attention.

1- In the "Manual Control", the X, Y, Z, coordinate are not align in the box for them and they are hard to read...
2- In Help, the "About Repetier-Host V1.00 RC2", there is no close button.
3- In "CuraEngine", "Print", "Extrusion", the "Cut off object Bottom" seem not to work...

Very good software, I really like it, thank you for your good work...

2012bencormier
Re: Repetier-Host V1.00 RC2 Remarks
July 17, 2014 03:47AM
1 and 2 are ok for me, so I would need to first understand what the difference to my computers is. Have you changed DPI? What windows version are you using? Perhaps a screenshot of 1) would help to uderstand what exactly you see.

3) I understand cut off bottoms and will check that. But what setting do you mean with "Print" and "Extrusion". "Print" is a fallback speed for anything not defined and "Extrusion" is a complete tab.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 17, 2014 04:32AM
A few more remarks mentioned earlier: (W7/X64)
1: in control panel the switchable help function (question mark) may be switched on or off. but is only active if printer connected. Question mark active has sort of background color, not green as expected when on. Maybe help function should also be available when disconnected.
2: In control panel, Object placement, Cut object button is always active and not greyed out as the other buttons, even that no objects are present.
3: In Control Panel, print statistics, number of layers has a minimum of 1, despite no object is present. Should be 0.
4: I do not see the benefits of an Easy button, IMO it confuses more than helps.
5: Mentioned before, Printer connect button icon should not be the same as power on button in control panel, two very different functions
July 22, 2014 07:42AM
@Repetier
When I spend my time to give you feedback on your sw releases, I expect at least to be acknowled as message received.
Whether you intend to use information given to you is of course up to you, but ignoring activity is not good practice and may only cause feedback to stop as a result on this.
July 22, 2014 08:00AM
@justcurious I'm very busy, so I sometimes forget to answer things, sorry.

1+2+5 fixed for next release

4 Will keep it for now. May include other parts to it as well. For some reasons other users want less buttons.

3 have still to check. I guess you meanthe statistics from printe rmenu. In control panel I don't remember any numbe rof layer count.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
July 22, 2014 08:15AM
Thankyou, I understand you are a busy man :-).
Your answer sounds good to me.
3) see attached file from Preview->Printing Statistics/Layer count.
Attachments:
open | download - Preview.jpg (43.3 KB)
July 22, 2014 09:32AM
Ok, found it and fixed it for next release. Thanks.

July 23, 2014 09:29AM
Hi!
Thanks for great software. Here is some feedback on the new user interface.

a) size problems already mentioned by others, namely:
* g-code editor is really small, it does not fill the available area
* x,y,z coordinates are off from their boxes
* no close button in about dialog (that big OK button is below the edge of the window, thus invisible)
This IS affected by dpi setting in windows: when I enable that windows' disgusting raster stretching for Repetier-Host, everything is normal (except blurred by raster scaling). My windows dpi setting is 150% (probably 144 dpi).
I have attached the screenshot of g-code editor problem, since I haven't seen anyone has already done so. Interestingly, when I resize the area, the g-code window behaves so that those huge margins to the right and below remain constant. I.e., when I shrink the area, the editor completely disappears pretty soon.

b) I really like the new look of feedrate and temperature sliders. And thanks for custom buttons! Really awesome. However, I dislike the new positioning controller buttons - the distance gradation areas on the buttons are too fine thus not touch-screen friendly anymore (it used to be perfect before, despite the need to scroll stuff).

Repetier-Host v.1.00 RC2 on Windows 8.1 on vaio duo 11.
Attachments:
open | download - g-code-editor.png (146 KB)
July 23, 2014 09:42AM
Thanks for the screenshot. Yesterday I tried it at my office to see it on windows 8 with 150% and more and I did not get these errors. Testing it on W7 with enlarged DPI setting also showed no coordinate offsets as I saw them in a picture. So I'm a bit clueless why it shows up perfect on my computer and others have the problem. Do you know of any other setting you changed to get these big images that could have an effect?
I have not checked the gcode editor since the comments made no sense to me with what I saw on my computer. But what I saw is that they are anchored at all edges. But I guess the same error the coordinates misplace cause the lower right edge to be fixed where it would be at 100% and not where it would be for 150%.

Maybe I'm using "This IS affected by dpi setting in windows: when I enable that windows' disgusting raster stretching for Repetier-Host" but where can I switch it on/off. I don't have W8 here for a test just W7 but that might be the difference.

I add a close button on about for those not seeing the button at the bottom.

July 23, 2014 10:08AM
Well. Now I did change the system-wide dpi to various settings and here are the results (for g-code editor only):
100% - perfect (except everything is tiny on the screen, of course)
120% - messed up (the same way as 150%, judging by eye)
150% (my normal) - messed up
200% - messed up (completely invisible no matter how hard do I try to enlarge the area, probably just because too small an area is left because all buttons statusbar etc swell)
I will test that on another win8.1 machine and on a win7 machine as I get to them.
July 23, 2014 10:12AM
I just did also some tests. If I have desktop at 150% scaling and I disable for the host the scaling for high dpi in compatibility mode (which still scales) i get exactly your error. If I do not check anything for compatibility mode it scales correct. Very strange but at least I can now make the same error happen.

July 23, 2014 10:44AM
That's great! Looking forward to a fix. So I'll try the real printing soon. I've installed this version yesterday and immediately felt like I am full of .. eemmm .. feedback. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login