Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z probe configuration for auto level

Posted by kscharf 
Z probe configuration for auto level
July 17, 2014 07:42PM
Has anybody here implemented the bed auto level (z probe) feature on Repetier firmware for a cartesian printer? I'm not sure how to set up the configuration.h file for this, even after reading the instructions (which I think were for a delta printer anyway).

I have a z-probe switch mounted on a movable servo activated arm, wired to my X-MIN endstop, and I have set the Z_PROBE_PIN as ORIG_Z_MIN_PIN to correspond to that. I'm not sure what to put for the Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT and Z_PROBE_END_SCRIPT, I'm guessing the G codes for extending the probe via the servo go there but I'm not sure. I assume that the Z_PROBE_X1 etc are the X-Y locations to probe, but are they the nozzle locations when the probe is at the desired point, or the probe locations? If the latter then I guess the Z_PROBE_X_OFFSET, and Y offset are applied. I assume these values are the difference between the nozzle location and the probe location, but are they negative or positive reference values between the nozzle and the probe? Also what parameter(s) are used to set the height difference between the probe and the nozzle? Can more than three points be used to probe, or is the firmware locked at only three?

I am thinking of how Marlin handles this problem in my questions, as I have seen detailed instructions on line as to how to set up Marlin for this.

One more thing, why doesn't my extruder fan come on when I've set a fan speed and the extruder heater is on?
I've connected it to the fan output on my ramps board. (Actually it's not for cooling the extruder, but for blowing down on the bed to cool PLA).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login